Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided to join these forums due to the knowledge that most of its users provide. I have recently purchased a used 97' white V-6 3.8L mustang. My goal as of now is to be able to beat a SS Chevy Cobalt. So yeah I will be posting questions and looking forward to your answers.

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AFM you can check out our V6 sections to see what mods our members are running on their 3.8's. Just be safe and keep the racing off the streets and on the track.

:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Welcome to AFM. Always like to here people making their 3.8L faster, but please do keep all racing on the Track.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
368 Posts
well the ss are fast cars 14 seconds if i remember right. what mods do you have and is auto or 5 speed

R

·
0 Posts
Port and polished heads and intakes. 3.73 gears and T-Lok. 75 wet shot of nitrous.

That should do the trick.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Port and polished heads and intakes. 3.73 gears and T-Lok. 75 wet shot of nitrous.

That should do the trick.
Isn't that basically what 232-K7 is running? (with some drivetrain upgrades too) I think he's in the 13s...

Also: weight reduction! Remove the spare tire, rear seat, A/C system, etc. Lose the passenger seat & front sway bar on drag race day. :shigrin

R

·
0 Posts
Isn't that basically what 232-K7 is running? (with some drivetrain upgrades too) I think he's in the 13s...

Also: weight reduction! Remove the spare tire, rear seat, A/C system, etc. Lose the passenger seat & front sway bar on drag race day. :shigrin
His is a split port car.
OP has a single port.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
it doesnt matter anyway.. the two cars would be about equal after the porting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts