Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im am close to phoenix at LUKE AIR FORCE BASE, and Im looking to start a mustang car club. I already have hook-ups to cheaper dyno's and track prices. If anyone is interested let me know.

·
Registered
172 Posts
militarystang said:
Im am close to phoenix at LUKE AIR FORCE BASE, and Im looking to start a mustang car club. I already have hook-ups to cheaper dyno's and track prices. If anyone is interested let me know.
Well I don't recommend the existing Copperstate Mustang club if you'll looking to get a group of 05's together. It seems that many of their members (classic Mustang owners) don't look highly on the 05 for some silly reason.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm down in Tucson, and I'd be happy to drive up for events, dynos, track runs, etc. Send me an email [email protected]

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rfbandit said:
I'm down in Tucson, and I'd be happy to drive up for events, dynos, track runs, etc. Send me an email [email protected]
cool Ill keep you info, when I get enough people Ill let you know.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
5 Posts
re: looking to start a mustang car club

martimus said:
Well I don't recommend the existing Copperstate Mustang club if you'll looking to get a group of 05's together. It seems that many of their members (classic Mustang owners) don't look highly on the 05 for some silly reason.
Hi All

I'm new to this forum. About me: I live in Phoenix with my wife and three children and three Mustangs. '89 ASC/McLaren, '87 ASC/McLaren and an '85 GT I bought new in Oct '84 with 27k on it.

I read this thread and have a question-where did you hear the CMC doesn't like '05's? Bob in our club got one of the first 2005 GT's around and was the host for our Pony Trail Cruise on April 3. We had at least ten '05's in the 120 car cruise. The cruise will be featured in an upcoming issue of Mustang Monthly.

Why don't you stop by our monthly meeting and see what goes on? Or get involved by helping put on our fall show in October? It's at the Holiday on Country and US 60 in Mesa. We're having some racing at Firebird that Friday night too.

We are about 400 familes of Mustang owners looking to enjoy our cars. We have a third Thursday of the month cruise to a different place each month. Mustang ownership is not a requirement.

Hank

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hanksgt said:
Hi All

I'm new to this forum. About me: I live in Phoenix with my wife and three children and three Mustangs. '89 ASC/McLaren, '87 ASC/McLaren and an '85 GT I bought new in Oct '84 with 27k on it.

I read this thread and have a question-where did you hear the CMC doesn't like '05's? Bob in our club got one of the first 2005 GT's around and was the host for our Pony Trail Cruise on April 3. We had at least ten '05's in the 120 car cruise. The cruise will be featured in an upcoming issue of Mustang Monthly.

Why don't you stop by our monthly meeting and see what goes on? Or get involved by helping put on our fall show in October? It's at the Holiday on Country and US 60 in Mesa. We're having some racing at Firebird that Friday night too.

We are about 400 familes of Mustang owners looking to enjoy our cars. We have a third Thursday of the month cruise to a different place each month. Mustang ownership is not a requirement.

Hank
When and where excatly do yall meet (address) any contact numbers?
Club fees or anything?

·
Registered
172 Posts
hanksgt said:
Hi All

Hank
Hank... I was one of those 05's on the April Pony ride. There were a lot of really cool folk I met that day but the day prior at the Earnhardt car show I met several badge wearing CMC members who were quite opinionated against the 05.

Another 05 owner I know who participates on other forums told me that he went to a CMC monthly meeting at Mount of Olives one month right after getting his car and got the cold shoulder from a number of people at the meeting.

Personally I'm glad to hear you say what you've said but I'm gonna remain skeptical til I see otherwise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Phoenix Mustang Club

militarystang said:
When and where excatly do yall meet (address) any contact numbers?
Club fees or anything?
Thanks for asking! www.copperstatemustangclub.com

$15/year includes monthly newsletter (we're always looking for cover cars & articles), ice cream social, November Pizza Dinner (club pays for pizza & soft drinks), Third Thursday gathering (various locations around the valley), spring and fall cars shows, parades and caravans to other shows (we have caravaned to NM, CA, UT and CO that I know of).
Second Sunday of the month at Mount Olives Chruch. 1pm. 3546 E. Thomas Road in Phoenix. Club hotline-(480) 756-3522

Hank

·
Registered
5 Posts
Phoenix Mustang Club

martimus said:
Hank... I was one of those 05's on the April Pony ride. There were a lot of really cool folk I met that day but the day prior at the Earnhardt car show I met several badge wearing CMC members who were quite opinionated against the 05.

Another 05 owner I know who participates on other forums told me that he went to a CMC monthly meeting at Mount of Olives one month right after getting his car and got the cold shoulder from a number of people at the meeting.

Personally I'm glad to hear you say what you've said but I'm gonna remain skeptical til I see otherwise.
OK, you met a lot of cool folks-we're freindly just like you. I have heard a couple of opinions that people didn't like the '05. Thats fine. But I've never heard anybody speak against another member. Sure they can dislike the car for themselves, but as a group you have seen the camraderie at the Pony Trail, I'm sure. And that is what goes on all the time. Did you see me standing by the side of the highway taking pictures of all the cars in the Pony Trail on the way up the hill towards Mesa? I created a DVD of the car and Pony Trail to share with everyone.

Cold shoulder at the meeting? I'm sorry they felt that way. I try to say hi to as many people, new or old members at each meeting I attend. And I know several other mebers do the same thing. Did the person attending not stand up and get introduced as a guest or new member? Each person gets to tell about their car and themseleves. A round of appaulse always follows. Most times, if your vehicle is present, you'll have a crowd around it at the end of the meeting. We had to pry several people out of Bob's '05 Red GT he brought to the meeting. Did you see us on TV the day before last years fall show? We featured an '05! Corey the weather guy got to drive it.

You can remain skeptical, but will you get involved so we can get to know you? We can ALWAYS use help at the show. Even for an hour or two...parking, registration, computer, photos, judging, host and the list goes on...How about attending a general or board meeting?

I enjoy doing parades around town. I've had Miss Teen AZ, Mayor Phil Gordon and the Channel 5 news team (among others) in my car.

The first time I met the club, I found one member who wasn't too friendly towards me or my McLaren. Now that I've gotten to know him, I have found him to be an excellent resource.

I think it says alot after 25 years that the founder and several of the founding members are still active in the club!

Hank

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi

i would like to join your mustang club but does it have to be a 2005 mustang to join i have a 1995 mustang that im fixing up

·
Registered
1 Posts
i would love to do this im at luke as well been looking for a good club to join

02 red Gt
mgw short throw
bbk 78mm throttle intake
stack racing cold air intake
slp loudmouth II cat back sys
shorty antenna
blacked out headlights
mach1 grill delete
12" kicker

catted X, 3.73's, and cams soon

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
Count me in, I'm a little further than Tucson but I'll make the drive.

[email protected]

·
Banned
7 Posts
just moved here from pa to go to mmi... problem is i need a carb for my stang. but otherwise i'd love to join... if someone could help me with a carb!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm out in Goodyear, but work next door to Luke, at the Glendale Airport. I have a new (to me) '05 GT I just bought two weeks ago, so I am eager to learn.

I'm planning to check out Copperstate Mustangs when I get some time. If you guys do get something else going specificaly for us "West Valley" types in PHX, please drop me a line.

Carl

·
Registered
112 Posts
OP's last post on this board was Dec. 3, 2005. Just an FYI.
Oh. Now that's funny....:heha:I knew I should have gone to bed earlier last night, instead staying up drinking beer and surfing the internet.

I guess my reading comprehension and attention to detail were slipping a bit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts