Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eyepoppin Well here we are 2 months into the 2006 Stang GTs.....
As I can see Some dealers have Stang Gts on their lots selling for MSRP or More,But they are in the South just like last year..But there are a few like last year that you can get a deal on.Most of the dealers like last year are in the south,Capital Ford has many stang Gts on their lots but they are dead set at sticker...
If you have read last years posts around Nov 2004 people have had orders for their Gts but most had to reorder them as a 2006 last June.
To me it seems that they are making the same amount of Stang GTs...
I got lucky and got mine at Invoice but the dealer has not seen any GTs since I bought mine.I see that in Pa,NJ and NY you can find a dealer or 2 that have one or two Gts,but they want sticker or higher.But most dealers have only V6s ONLY......
So I would not Order a Stang GT unless you want to change it to a 2007 in June of 2006....I would say if you can get a stang Gt at sticker or LESS get it because when spring comes around you might not have a GT....
I am sure many are Getting Gts from Orders just like last year ,but most will never see the car...Let me know if I am wrong....The less Gts that they make the Resale says up for us.JohnnyT

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ford is screwing up. I have a 05 V6, we would also buy a 06 GT if the dealers werent jacking the prices.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Ford knows how to build and market a bada$$ car......they also know about the rule of supply and demand. keep the supply low... damand will go up. the new stang will lose some of its prestige when everyone has one, buyers will not be willing to pay so much. so Ford is taking thier time, milking it for all its worth. kinda like the petroleum companies...you really think they are running out of gas?? heck no, they know how to create a shortage, what to use as an excuse, and make you pay dbl the amount you used to at the pump. Ford is a business, just like any other, in business for $$.:winks

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
It's not Ford, it's the dealers!

BTW, I moved this thread to the lounge where it belongs... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
169 Posts
This is true. Dealers own their own stores. Ford Motor Company is simply a wholesaler of new automobiles. They are paid for and a suggested price is stickered onto the window. In the case of the new Mustang Shelby 500, we can see how the sticker will be $40,000, but if you are even allowed to purchase the car, you will pay dearly. Allowed to purchase? Yes, my salesperson laughed and said that they would auction any that they received.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
But the dealers are allocated so many vehicles based on previous sales, if one year a dealer sells 5 Mustangs and the next year if the dealer gets 50 orders, there are going to be a lot of unhappy campers.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
If production is the same as the end of the 05 season, then Ford is running at maximum capacity. They can't just keep ramping up supply cuz the demand is there. Their factories and assembly workers can only pump out so many. If you want a GT get in line and DONT WAIT. If you wait for a 2007 you're gunna be hit probably in the same predicament next year.

·
Registered
65 Posts
There seems to be a shortage of GT's up here in Canada as well....especially coupes. I've seen a few GT verts on the lots and wierdly enough they all seem to be black. Boy, after reading all these forums and seeing how hard it is to get a GT, I consider myself very lucky to get the one I got right out of the showroom exactly how I would want it! :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
By browsing the dealers inventories here around Dearborn, I've only found one. That's seven dealers. I'm sure the salespersons know that they can sell them if they get them. Maybe they are upset too and are unable to do anything about it. There's a bottleneck somewhere.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Upfront Southern Dealer

The dealer in Natchez, MS is were my 05 black GT was purchased. They sold it BELOW MSRP and I know of 3 others that have purchased either a V-6 or GT and negotiated a deal -- not a scalping with MSRP+++.
I strongly recommend this dealership. No, I don't work there.:laughlitt They are friendly, offer good sales staff to work with you on a price, have stable and well-trained management, and the warranty service I've had to do has been done in a timely and correct manner. We buy from them for our business, and friends + family have also purchased vehicles at this site. None of us have had a single complaint that we could offer.
An endorsement that's not politically motivated???:eyebulge: Surprise -- I highly recommend this dealership -- [edited, kj]. If you are interested, let me know & I'll get you a name to contact [in a PM, kj].
Mach 73
05 'Stang GT Black/Crimson Red Interior/5-sp
BUILD INFORMATION
Receipt Date: 6/17/2004
Serialize Date: 6/17/2004
Segment Date: 7/21/2004
Sequence Date: 8/27/2004
Blend Date: 8/31/2004
Produced Date: 9/10/2004
Gate Release Date: 10/2/2004
Ship Date: 10/2/2004
Arrival Date: 10/18/2004
Sold Date: 10/28/2004

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Guys, you CANNOT push dealer names etc. on here.

I know and understand it sometimes can be hard to find a good one with allotment... and helpful Stangers as we are we wanna share if we find that good one...

There are a few reasons why we don't have 'classifieds' in our forums, we're working on sorting them out so we can have a better working site. But for now, please refrain from posting dealer names etc. in the public forums (same as for sale, trade, need, etc.)

There is NO rule against PMs so if you see someone having trouble you're more than welcome to recommend your dealer, friend, or what-not, in a PM.

I hope you understand, thanks!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I think there will be a short supply of Stang Gts this year and just like last year,most people will have to change their orders to 2007s when june rolls around.
Yes ford might have increased production a little,but thats it a little.
And most will be V6s that Hertz will be picking up and like on most dealer lots you will only see mostly V6s and maybe a GT here and there.Any anyone should be able to get a V6 at close to invoice with noooo problems,But when a small Medium or large dealer gets a GT in you really think they will really give yea a great deal.Maybe you will find a dealer here and there that will do it but 99% will not.
As of now i really feel its a waste of time ordering a Stang Gt anywhere in the country EXCEPT in the south and west coast.You will never see the car.....So the smart way as I did go out to as many dealers and find your GT on a dealers lot and try to get the best price and speak to the salesmanager.You might get lucky as some of us have but I would never order a stang gt again....JohnnyT:kooky:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I started thinking about the different models of Mustang, and I remembered the Mercury's version, called the Capri. (Not the little 2 seater). Prolly in the late 80's. Made off the regular Mustang car, but heavier, due to the extra sound padding and plush-ness. There was a performance model too. Equally as cool.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts