Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter's mustang lost all electrical power except the ignition. The dealer could not find anything wrong but said it could be dangerous. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
OK, :scratchchin
"We can't find anything wrong, but it could be dangerous..."
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Unfortunately, I haven't a clue to the problem, but Stlwagon's answer seems plausible.

·
Registered
810 Posts
This was a Ford Dealer?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
How could a dealership not check the alternator for an electrical problem ?????

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
my thoughts exactly fuzzy...

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
How much time did they spend looking at it?

·
Registered
71 Posts
My daughter's mustang lost all electrical power except the ignition. The dealer could not find anything wrong but said it could be dangerous. Any ideas?
Had a similar problem on my 05 GT and on an old Crown Victoria. The problem on the GT turned out to be a loose battery cable (negative) - not real loose just loose enough to give occasional problems. Radio and some of the other electronics would reset.

On the Crown Vic, it was a loose cable on the fuse panel / distribution panel under the hood. Lost all power just driving down the road one day; came back in a few minutes. Mustang has the same type of panel - under the hood on the passengers side, I think. Disconnect the battery before you start messing with the wiring on this panel.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Alternator sounds right. Sometimes I feel as though I know better than the dealers. Unless, of course, you are my wife. She will believe the dealer over me! :scream:

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Alternator sounds right. Sometimes I feel as though I know better than the dealers. Unless, of course, you are my wife. She will believe the dealer over me! :scream:
My wife is still convinced that I know nothing about cars. :so

·
Registered
13,170 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.