Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my C&L kit from my convertible because I wanted to return it to stock and concentrate on performance goodies for the hardtop. I made an installation error and forgot to hook up the harness for the MAF. I drove about a half block and the world lit up and the car went into limp mode. In order to reset the codes I took the Predator from the hardtop - returned it to the stock tune - went to the vert and ran the diagnostics and cleared the codes and returned to the hardtop to restore the C&L tune. Now the engine check light on the hardtop keeps coming on and the tune doesn't show up on the display. Any suggestions? I've been busy and haven't had the time to call Diablosport yet.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Uhh... I'm an X-Cal guy but I think they work the same way in this regard...

Did you 'close out' the vert? So the tuner knows it 'belongs' to the hardtop again? Also for next time, you shouldn't have to have a car specific tuner to read codes? And after fixing it lights should come of automaticly?

·
Registered
191 Posts
might try downloading the diablosport revision to your tuner from your PC and trying to more or less 'reset' the whole thing. Then load the freshly revised tuner (even if it's the same revision, might have to download a different revision then load the C&L revision again). That's what I'd recommend. I've played around with my diablosport, but my PC just died, and the DSDownloader doesn't run on MAC. :p

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - I've tried adjusting the mixture as the codes say it's running lean but I haven't found the magic number yet. I'll have to back it up to stock and download the program again. I have it saved to my hard drive but I have to find the cables.

·
Registered
191 Posts
if you can't find it, it's just a serial cable, so I think you'll be alright if you have ot buy one. If you still can't find it I believe that the manual has what part no. it is at radio shack.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All fixed. I did notice a new code pop up yesterday. The computer reported a small leak in the evaporative discharge system. I checked all the connections under the hood and wiggled hoses and it hasn't repeated. It had me a little worried since I had the C&L polished inside and out and with the junk casting they used I was worried I might get wall leaks from porousity.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts