Work done:
---Brand New Rebuild---
Stock 5.0L Block
Bored .030 over
Ported & Polished AFR 165/202 Heads
1.6 Roller Rockers
Forged Pistons
Forged Rods
(X Cam I believe - can find out for sure if needed)
Ported upper and lower GT-40 intake (as ported as they get)
30 lb Injectors
BBK 76mm Mass Air Meter
75mmThrottle Body with ERG Plate
Hardened Transmission
ShiftKit

The issue is I feel like the car has virtually no power, when I take off in first it seems strong and either way if I manaully shift or let it shift it just bogs down! Plus it will slowly get a little hot never over heats but does run warmer than I like and usually when stoped at a light. I know this isnt alot of info to go off of, however I am hoping someone can help. I have had it to mechanics and they have been worthless. I was told a new Mass Air Meter maybe needed, plus I know my intake is only "supported" to 400 hp, however I dont feel I am anywhere near that. I have been in 350 hp mustangs like my old Saleen and this car is a DOG. I think my wifes Prius could beat this thing.

Thanks for the help

1994 Cobra
2001 Saleen Speedster Conv.
1993 LX 5.0 Conv.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
What shift kit?...and What torque convertor does it have Also what gears?...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tuned and Gear Info..

Thanks for the replies, yes it has been tuned (but by those mechanics I was referring to) and the gears are stock. I have no idea what the shift kit is however I told Dallas Mustang what I was doing end they gave me 2 options. Gears are stock (those are on the list, however I dont feel that is the issue) 2400 stall converter...
Keep the questions and info comming..

Thanks

·
Registered
482 Posts
Have you run the codes yet? And if the MAF is set for the stock 19 lbs injectors as mentioned above, that could definitely cause some bogging. Check your timing also, specially if it's running a lil bit hot. I play on the "never assume it's done right by others" card.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stock MAF

I dont beleive this is a stock MAF, however how would I go about getting the codes to find out? Take it to the shop, I dont have a diag computer. :worship
Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
a tune by a mechanic? usually you have to go to a special performance shop for that. aod and stock gears wont make it slow, and like someone said deffinately check the timing. and find out where the tuning was done and if it was done

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
a tune by a mechanic? usually you have to go to a special performance shop for that. aod and stock gears wont make it slow, and like someone said deffinately check the timing. and find out where the tuning was done and if it was done

What are you talking about????...if it has 2.73 and being an AOD its a dog...period...it needs gears 3.73 to 4.10's and a 2400 stall isnt that great either...theres 2 problems right there...

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Like the others have said check to make sure the MAf is calibrated to the 30 lb injectors.

What is the fuel pressure at and what do you have the timing at?

Stock gears, small convertor and X cam equal poor low end.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the Help.

Thanks All for the help.. I am going to get it "re-Tuned" by a preformance shop and hopefully they can give me some solid answers that will help me get this thing where it needs to be..

Thanks Again..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts