Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i hope so, i guess my neighbour just scared the **** out of me.. he told me it sounded like i had a crack or a hole in my exhaust system somewhere... does anyone know what some tell tale signs of that are?

Im gonna go in for qdc fluiod soon, i could ask them to put it up on the jack

·
Registered
352 Posts
The first rev seems normal, but yeah I doubt the ticking sound on the second rev is normal :scratchchin

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
The burbling/gurgling sound is normal with high flow exhausts. Mine does so as well. HOWEVER, the loud popping noise interspersed with the gurgling is not something I have heard before on my car. It almost sounds like someone is popping bubble wrap or cracking an aluminum can.

That being said, it could also be the quality of the camera microphone that is making the popping sound different than it truly is.

·
Registered
203 Posts
that is not normal!!!!!! the burbling yes its normal! but that high pitched sound its! NOT dont let them tell you it is!!! it actually sounds like something is lose in the exhaust! take it to the dealer!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, this pony is goin back to the stable for a look over... i have to note though, i realized that i have heard this noise since i had it.. anytime over 4000 rpm - when the rpms fall - it makes that noise.. I took the car out for a spin and when the car is in gear and moving, it does not make that noise, it only makes the noise when it is in neutral and in the driveway immobile. I took the car to at least 4500 rpm and let the car glide and the rpms fall and there was no noise..

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sounds like a baffle inside the muffler is loose. I used to work for an automotive supplier that made mufflers and it happens more than you think... Mine pops like yours (that's normal), but in your video a louder, abnormal crackling is also heard...

Not my video, but this is what the exhaust should sound like... Clean, crisp pops...

YouTube - ‪Stock exhaust 2011 3.7l V6 Mustang‬‏

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.