Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put my K&N Cold Air Intake put on this week and I heard a really high pitched squeaking sound coming from under the hood about 2 hours after installation. I went back the next day to the guy who put it on and after a couple of minutes of listening he found it was coming straight from the filter. Not to be confused with sound of air being sucked in, I know what that sounds like, this is something different. I hear it when I'm idleing or when I'm barely hitting the gas at 2000 RPM's. When I accelerate this noise goes away, I don't know why. The noise is considerably loud and can be heard from the inside of other cars with the windows up (I had a friend in another car see if he could hear it while in front of me at a stop light). I know plenty of you have K&N intakes and I was wondering if any of you have heard the same noise, or if it is normal. Thanks.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Sqeal

It is either from your throttle body or a sharp edge in the air intake track. I lean towards the throttle body. When you open it the noise goes away.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The guy who installed it said he didn't touch the throttle body so that can't be it, and I never had this problem before I got the intake put on.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
The sound you're hearing is that of air being sucked in by the manifold vacuum past the barely open throttle body blade. When you open the throttle up more the noise goes away right?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, once I get on it the noise is completely gone. I only hear it when idleing or at low rpm's.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Yeah, that's the sound of air rushing past the barely open throttle blade.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Then why didn't I hear it before the K&N intake?

·
Registered
309 Posts
My 04 GT makes that sound after I installed my BBK cold air intake system. Not to worry.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I like to tell the ricers it's the sound of my supercharger...thent they're like for reals...and im like no...hahahahah!!!

no it happens to all of us...it's just the air coming in...it did it with the stock intake too just wasn't noticable...but now that u got more air coming in...well u get the picture...
mine squeals more with the ac on too...it's okay...it's a Mustang, they make noises...just love them or drive a honda

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.