Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my car is making a loud squeeking noise in the front end whenever i turn the wheel just the slightest bit...it isnt doing anything major except making that noise. any ideas? thanks!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Not sure what kind of squeek you're referring to but I had a small rock get lodged between the rotor and dust guard on one of my front wheels...

·
Registered
343 Posts
most likely not the problem, but check your power steering fluid... probably something to do with your brakes though...

·
Super Moderator
39,982 Posts
check the balljoint,tierods,and strut plate....these are the most common to squeek when turning....

·
Registered
214 Posts
I would try checking the tie rods first the best way is to have someone turn the wheel slowly left and right a 1/4 turn while you hold the outer tie rods and see if you feel the squeak through your hand . Also the Steering rack mount bushings squeak/ grunt they just need to be lubed

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
I would also say maybe low on power steering fluid.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
yea check your power steering fluid level and make sure your not leaking anything.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Mine made a simiar sound to the one you are describing, turned out to be a squeaky ball joint. Like everyone said check the tie rods, ball joints, etc.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had the same problem. It turned out to be the outer tie rod.
Had it replaced and an alignment done.
Noise is gone.

·
Registered
20 Posts
maybe the belt is wearing or has oil on it? usually noises like this are heard at very low speeds/low rpms. i'd try it with no belt on it as well if full of fluid and everything else checks out. or just replace the belt if it's worn anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
most probably the ball joint but could be tierods and strut plate as mentioned...i have the same problem, and my cars going in the shop on friday

·
Registered
260 Posts
Could just be steering rack bushings or any of the bushings in your front suspension.

·
Registered
20 Posts
well a shop would be best...possibly extending the suspension parts while having a hand on each one to determine which is making the most noise. that's what i usually end up doing if it's possible

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.