Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 V6 Pony package with about 7k on it. I had the windows open today and heard this loud squeaking sound coming from I can't tell where. Any suggestions or similar problems?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Does the sound goes up and down with engine rpms? Does it make the sound standing still?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have a 2007 V6 Pony package with about 7k on it. I had the windows open today and heard this loud squeaking sound coming from I can't tell where. Any suggestions or similar problems?
Thanks
out of curiosity, does it happen when you hit a bump or another type of road deviation that sorta jars the suspension?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
out of curiosity, does it happen when you hit a bump or another type of road deviation that sorta jars the suspension?
I went out to give a closer listen and now I can't hear anything. Yesterday was 67 degrees out. This morning its 37 and no squeak. I'm more concerned at the moment f the safety of driving it.
Keith

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
mine squeaks when i do that, thats prolly what he heard

·
Registered
188 Posts
mine squeaks when i do that, thats prolly what he heard
yeah id love to know whats causing it cause its driving me nuts. but worse do u have a noise that sounds like the front end is loose over rough road?

·
Registered
310 Posts
yeah id love to know whats causing it cause its driving me nuts. but worse do u have a noise that sounds like the front end is loose over rough road?

Hey man mine sounds like the front is going to fall out on the road if I hit like rough spots in the road or maybe a bridge overpass.I took it back to the dealer around 5k and they said that it was normal for the v6 pony package because of the (sport package) that it has:headscratch:.It now has 38000 no problems yet. OH AND IT IS A 07 MODEL

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Could be a bushing squeaking.
Hey All,
I brought it to the dealer yesterday and of course no noise! He put it up on the lift and didn't see anything wrong. He told me sometimes a stone or some object can get caught in the wheel and rub on the disc.
Anyway I drove it alot yesterday and nothing!
I have my fingers crossed.
Thanks all for the feedback.
Keith

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey man mine sounds like the front is going to fall out on the road if I hit like rough spots in the road or maybe a bridge overpass.I took it back to the dealer around 5k and they said that it was normal for the v6 pony package because of the (sport package) that it has:headscratch:.It now has 38000 no problems yet. OH AND IT IS A 07 MODEL
you and me both have the same problem and i took mine to the dealer and they told me the front end noise is normal and its actually the trans mount which is bull. trans mounts dont make noise like that and if they did it would be completely blown out. and on top of that the tsb for front end noise they wouldnt even do. cause they said my strut mounts are fine. i guess its time to bring it to another dealer.

·
Registered
310 Posts
yeah I know.the dealers are [email protected]@HOLES they dont want to take any responsibility for anything as far as warranty work..its like we got your money and you got your car,goodluck sucker!!And that just aint right.If you find out anything further please post it for us or visit my profile..

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Hey All,
I brought it to the dealer yesterday and of course no noise! He put it up on the lift and didn't see anything wrong. He told me sometimes a stone or some object can get caught in the wheel and rub on the disc.
Anyway I drove it alot yesterday and nothing!
I have my fingers crossed.
Thanks all for the feedback.
Keith
That is true about rocks. It's happened to me a couple of times.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
yeah I know.the dealers are [email protected]@HOLES they dont want to take any responsibility for anything as far as warranty work..its like we got your money and you got your car,goodluck sucker!!And that just aint right.If you find out anything further please post it for us or visit my profile..
Strange. My favorite dealer seems to like to do warranty work. They always find something else that needs "fixing" while they are at work. Unless there is some kind of competition within the Ford organization to see who can do less Warranty work, it's a mystery to me why they'd try to turn it down. The locals get paid for the work they do, Warranty or otherwise, don't they?

As to the squeaks, there are too many kinds to speak to all of them in one thread. The OPs need to be a bit more descriptive and precise.

Once a lady asked me to help her find a rattle in her new car. I told her to start it up, and when she did I said, "Quick! Turn it off!" Her eyes got this big. I let her percolate for a couple minutes while I poked around under her seat and drew out the culprit: a teaspoon rattling against the seat anchors. What a relief!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Strange. My favorite dealer seems to like to do warranty work. They always find something else that needs "fixing" while they are at work. Unless there is some kind of competition within the Ford organization to see who can do less Warranty work, it's a mystery to me why they'd try to turn it down. The locals get paid for the work they do, Warranty or otherwise, don't they?

As to the squeaks, there are too many kinds to speak to all of them in one thread. The OPs need to be a bit more descriptive and precise.

Once a lady asked me to help her find a rattle in her new car. I told her to start it up, and when she did I said, "Quick! Turn it off!" Her eyes got this big. I let her percolate for a couple minutes while I poked around under her seat and drew out the culprit: a teaspoon rattling against the seat anchors. What a relief!
unless my dealer had gotten in trouble doing warranty work previously. you know its bad for the dealer to solicit warranty work in corporate eyes. they get in massive trouble for it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
however they should still have no problem doing warranty work for a legitimate complaint.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Thanks
Take your stang to the dealer and go on a test drive to demonstrate the noise. We love working on noise concerns (that is sarcasm). This may sound weird, but leave your vehicle. Trying to find a noiuse while a customer is waiting drives us techs nuts, as the noise might be found quickly or may take all day. If I were to guess...the exhaust hanger at the trans mount is bound up and the exhaust needs repositioning.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Take your stang to the dealer and go on a test drive to demonstrate the noise. We love working on noise concerns (that is sarcasm). This may sound weird, but leave your vehicle. Trying to find a noiuse while a customer is waiting drives us techs nuts, as the noise might be found quickly or may take all day. If I were to guess...the exhaust hanger at the trans mount is bound up and the exhaust needs repositioning.
Thanks so much. I had a GT exhaust put on it which did require some repositioning and it could well be the problem!!
Thanks Again!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.