Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Shelby GT. I like the exhuast note but would like to make it louder. I was considering swapping the stock x-pipe out for an aftermarket pipe. I like the pipes that are modular allowing you to run straight pipes or cats. (i.e. bassani or pypes). I contact pypes exhaust and they did not think there catted x-pipe would be louder then my x-pipe (FRPP). Keep in mind the FRPP x-pipe only replaced the stock GT H section not the cats. I still have the stock cats.

In all of the previous Mustangs I have owned the after market x-pipes were a noticable difference in sound.

Opinions appreciated.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Id say all the newer pipes sound the same.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
What stock X-pipe?? If it's stock, it's an H-pipe. In any event, they're all going to be about the same. Brand doesn't really matter. If you want modular, you'll need to go with SLP or Bassani.

·
Registered
571 Posts
+1 on Bassani. But then again if youre going to get a midpipe, I recomend getting the whole 3" Shelby Exhaust Kit for it.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
does the Shelby GT's have catted X's ????

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
No S197s come with X-pipes stock.
I wasnt sure bout the Shelby GT.
the New Bulitt has somewhat of an X....its different for sure.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
yeah we had one at Shen Ford and I looked under it....its a long looking X...pretty neat!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Thanks Dan... And just when I was starting to feel better. :)
dont get down on yourself mark, you make like one mistake a year. thats far less then the majority of us here. so chin up, tommorow will be a better day.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
if you want louder, loose the cats!

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
Looks like I'm wrong on the X. The Shelby GT does have one. My bad.
dangit, i was a little late. i actually knew that the shelby GT came with an "X" pipe along with the CAI and that accounts for the extra ponies that is comes with.

how about swapping out the axlebacks to make it louder? SLP LM's would make it very loud.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The only axlebacks I like are the FRPP GTA's which I have and the Corsa's. I really don't think the two exhaust sound all that different.

What I am looking for is a means of making mine louder without adding a raspy sound. In my experience this an only be acheived with a catted pipe or a Dr. Gas x pipe (which they do not make one for a 2005+ mustang).

My question is: are there any catted x pipes that will increase the sound of my current setup?

Or has anyone heard or tried an O/R pipe (H or X)with the FRPP GTA's that sounded good.

·
Registered
12,666 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.