Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the loudest exhaust (or setup) I could put on my 2008 GT for $600 at max?

I was thinking about SLP Loudmouths and a off-road X pipe. ( I read in many places they are one of the loudest!)

So my question- What the LOUDEST way to go?!? (I dont mind the drone issues)

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Well, to be very honest here IMHO, there is really very little difference any of the aftermarket units bring to really making it louder...it's more tone.......as loudness is limited at the cats.......to get the loudness (max), drop the mufflers and resonators (if equipped), then drive it for a while, see if you like it...then if you want to change the tone, make it quieter, visit your local muffler shop and see what sounds good to your ear...............

Cost to drop the mufflers/resonators.....DIY + pipe.....$40; have a muffler shop do it..... $100; Muffler shop installs a set of Allied resonators......about $200 + tips

·
Registered
517 Posts
Loudmouths with an O/R x will help reach your goal. You can also do muffler deletes with the O/R x.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have Pypes long tubes, offroad x and had the pype-bomb axle backs and it was STUPID loud, like obnoxious wake up the dead loud. I couldn't take the trumpeting any longer so i had some m80 mufflers welded in to create a home made pype-bomb super system catback. Adding the mufflers made it sound so much better! Since it doesn't sound like your adding headers(unless you already have them?) it wasn't horrible with just the axle-backs, not sure how loud it would be with axle backs and mid pipe as i bought the headers and mid pipe together. Just keep in mind though if you do plan on adding long tubes with an off road mid pipe it will be really loud and the drone will be almost unbearable at highway speeds i know you said you don't mind drone but i thought the same thing and wound up buying mufflers.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Slp loudmouths say it all they actually hhave a nice sound and whwn you get on it they are very loud my super charger is very loud and i dont hear it hardly even at normal driving

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
What is the loudest exhaust (or setup) I could put on my 2008 GT for $600 at max?

I was thinking about SLP Loudmouths and a off-road X pipe. ( I read in many places they are one of the loudest!)

So my question- What the LOUDEST way to go?!? (I dont mind the drone issues)
Straight duals with a muffler delete. Might cost you $100 in piping.

(you did ask for "LOUDEST" . . .)

Norm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts