Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that some people have got a low Priorirty # but their order # was high.I assume if your order # is high you might still not get the car early as ford told me......I see lots of people with their Priority # but you will also need a lowwww order # to get the car i was told...
My Priority# is 10
and Order # is C000
Called ford up and they told me that the first letter will be from the salesman that took the order and the 4 numbers after that tells you where you are in line for a car.
Ford told me the dealer can start with a 000 or 001 as the first car that they are getting.......
So all you good folks waiting i hope you have a LOWWWWW order # besides a low Priority # also....Johnny:clap

·
Registered
32 Posts
Priority 10, order # M001.

Scheduled to be built week of Aug 8. Fingers and toes are crossed.

·
Registered
260 Posts
??? You sure 'bout 'dat ???

My order# was (x)089, higher than yours, and it took 8 weeks, which seems about as good as it gets. My dealer isn't like, huge, either. Priority was 10. What are the higher order numbers you are referring to? Generally, you don't see those listed and so how sure are you of this?

The only common factor I've seen is priority number, and there's also a link or relationship to discount pricing, since I've read X-plan orders and such get those lower (numerically higher) priorities and are slower to fill.

I wasn't X-plan or discount (wasnt above MSRP either) so others who are can comment to confirm/deny the relationship to order fill times....you say "you assume" then you claim in the subject it's "a must"......which is it?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just letting yea know what Ford Motor Company 800# told me before when i spoke to them.
They said that the Prioirty # that i have is a good number 10# and they said they also go by the order Number that can start out as 000 or 001 and that depends on the dealer...Mine is C000 and Ford says that a very good number.
So i am just going by what ford motor companys 800# told me...If anyone knows better let us know please...Johnny

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dusty is getting his stang early Aug........Cool a 2006 in aug,you can't beat that.Good luck and have fun with it...Johnny;)

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Johnnytuinals said:
I see that some people have got a low Priorirty # but their order # was high.I assume if your order # is high you might still not get the car early as ford told me......I see lots of people with their Priority # but you will also need a lowwww order # to get the car i was told...
My Priority# is 10
and Order # is C000
Called ford up and they told me that the first letter will be from the salesman that took the order and the 4 numbers after that tells you where you are in line for a car.
Ford told me the dealer can start with a 000 or 001 as the first car that they are getting.......
So all you good folks waiting i hope you have a LOWWWWW order # besides a low Priority # also....Johnny:clap
Um I don't think so. I was C228. First, I doubt they sold 228 mustangs, so it must bethe number of the car custom ordered at the dealer out of all the cars they sell(ie trucks, cars, mini-vans, etc). Doesn't mean a whole lot if that number is mostly SUVs or some other kinda car. I could stlil be the first mustang sold at car number #228. The only thing that matters is where you are on the list at the dealer and what kinda allocation they have.Nothing else!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Yep, the lower the priority, the better your chances. From what I understand from reading other forums, the order number has little to do with how fast your car will get built (more in a sec). The order number is made up of the first initial of the salesperson (in my case "D" for Dennis), followed by the number of orders placed by that salesperson (in my case "001", his first special order for 2005) for that model year. Now, unless you have a salesperson that has ordered 10 or 20 Mustangs before you, your chances are pretty good as long as you have a low priority. Then again, I could be completely wrong! :eyebulge:

·
Registered
604 Posts
mine was a priority 14, and I got mine 9 weeks,and one day from ordered to :laughlitt driving...........

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just telling you want Ford Motor Company 800# told me about Order#s.
I would think you are right,The salesmanager gave the salesman that was going to deal with me.And maybe i am his 1st order for a 2006 ford....Johnny

·
Registered
210 Posts
There is no uniformity to the system, as the numbers you are referring to are only ways for the dealer to prioritize your order. I talked to Carlos at Yeomans on May 18 (which, if I remember correctly, became order #E518) and I was assigned priority 40. I committed to the order and was serialized on May 19 (found out on the 20th). The car was built June 20th and in my garage on June 30th.

I had waited for 4 full months prior to that with my local dealer. Order number 0118 (corresponding to the date of the order) and a priority 12. Found out officially sometime in early June that the car would not be built.

The moral of the story is, don't get to hung up on the numbers. If your dealer has the allocations, you will get a car. If they don't, you won't. It's that simple.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where are you guys getting this <letter><three digit> order number from? on my DORA my order number is in the 9000 range and thats the number I use when I call the 800 #. I have a priority of 15, I purchased under X-Plan

·
Registered
210 Posts
Seems to me the order number can be anything the dealer wants it to be, letters, numbers, etc. It doesn't mean anything. Allocation, Allocation, Allocation. That's the question everyone should be asking, and everyone should be getting a straight answer from their dealer. If you don't, and you seem to be stuck in c/u land, call Carlos at Yeomans and witness for yourself what allocation means and how it translates in to you getting a car.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
AussieMustangGT said:
Where are you guys getting this <letter><three digit> order number from? on my DORA my order number is in the 9000 range and thats the number I use when I call the 800 #. I have a priority of 15, I purchased under X-Plan
Lol, if the order # means anything Im so screwed, no letter, just 4 #'s 9865
priority 14.
But I know the order # doesnt effect my chances of getting the car sooner/later/never.

Aussie, X plan here also

·
Registered
210 Posts
My posts must be invisible today.

Order number and priority mean absolutely nothing without allocation. Everyone who is currently c/u, or contemplating placing an order needs to get a straight answer from their dealer with regard to their allocation, period. Been there, done that. Learn from my own 4 month long period of extra waiting. If you can't get a straight answer, go elsewhere at once. Whether it is Gary Yeomans Ford, or some other dealer, hit the roundup where you know there are ponys. Yee Ha!

Hopefully a dealer or an insider can attest to this so everyone can stop worrying about this stuff.

·
Registered
20 Posts
OK at the bottom of my DORA under the heading company is <dealer_number>&000X000. I'm pretty sure I was the first 06 order for my dealer. AI also used a pretty major dealer here in Indiana so I assume they have the allocations

·
Registered
80 Posts
pk2112 said:
Seems to me the order number can be anything the dealer wants it to be, letters, numbers, etc. It doesn't mean anything. Allocation, Allocation, Allocation. That's the question everyone should be asking, and everyone should be getting a straight answer from their dealer. If you don't, and you seem to be stuck in c/u land, call Carlos at Yeomans and witness for yourself what allocation means and how it translates in to you getting a car.
pk2112 is pretty much right on ... neither priority or order number really affect anything. Priority really only affects if other priorities are lower than yours ... but, what if others are all at 10 ... then you are in the same boat. But, even if you are at 10 it doesn't really get you anywhere. My order number was 9999 ... priority 10 ... and I was on the D-Plan ... which also affects nothing on terms of when the order comes in (It's up to the dealer which order they want filled first ... and when it comes to in terms of money ... they will always want to fill the MSRP buyers first ... its just plain common sense). Basically, it all comes down to allocation ... and either the dealer has it or not. When I first ordered, they told me I was screwed because the dealer had no allocations left for orders, but because of "pull" an allocation was given, and my order came in 8 weeks later. Otherwise I would have been like others out here waiting for an 06. Johnny I'm not knocking on you one bit ... I hope you get your car soon.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
pk2112 said:
My posts must be invisible today.
Lol, must have you on ignore ;)

I hear ya, I know/knew order # means squat.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have order #6028 (which dont mean squat) priority 20 and dealer said he had about 4 or 5 allocations, I was his 3rd or 4th and the last time I spoke with him he said they were all gone. My question is: Can the dealer use these allocations for someone else? I ordered mine d-plan. What if a customer with a fat wallet says I want a mustang? I have a DORA does that mean im locked in or can my supposed allocation be snatched away and I be left in C & U eternity?

·
Registered
210 Posts
FoMoCo said:
I have order #6028 (which dont mean squat) priority 20 and dealer said he had about 4 or 5 allocations, I was his 3rd or 4th and the last time I spoke with him he said they were all gone. My question is: Can the dealer use these allocations for someone else? I ordered mine d-plan. What if a customer with a fat wallet says I want a mustang? I have a DORA does that mean im locked in or can my supposed allocation be snatched away and I be left in C & U eternity?
Methinks that the dealer can do exactly what he wants, and no, a DORA just means that there is a valid order in the system (does NOT guarantee that it will be built). The dealer can input a new order into the system and generate a DORA and simply assign it a lower priority than yours (or assign you a new priority number), which would bump you unless a commodity issue came up that would cause the system to skip the new order. I have seen reports generated directly from the factory, which would lead you to believe that the order date has alot to do with serializing an order (all other things being equal), but that does not always seem to be the case. The only truth that seems to be an absolute is that retail orders are given priority (from Ford) over stock orders. Hopefully an insider can comment more about that to you.

Conventional wisdom says your dealer just jerked you off from the beginning. Only you can determine that by confronting him about the reality of his allocations. Conversely, you can take your business to someone who will be straight with you from the start. If you are feeling left out, try Carlos down at Gary Yeomans Ford. See my previous post about the results he and his cohorts can achieve.

Good luck in your quest for a Mustang.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Johnny I'm not knocking on you one bit ... I hope you get your car soon.[/QUOTE]
I'm with Patience. I am not knocking anyone either, just trying to share my experience with trying to get this car, and hopefully saving some people some grief along the way.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts