Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1988 GT Convert.

When I am driving at low RPM's and accelerating slowly I seem to be getting hesitation. It feels like a half second pause in the engine, then it continues to run like normal until it happens again. I don't notice anything at idle or during hard acceleration.

I have recently replaced plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. I have checked to make sure all the wires are firmly connected. I have not pulled the plugs, unless someone thinks I should.

I have checked the timing, its at 12 degrees. I have replaced the vacuum line from the charcoal canister.

I have read that having your wires crossing each other could cause problems but I don't see how I could avoid it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
517 Posts
does 88 have maf? if so take out the sensor and clean it and also the housing mine used to hesitate but that made it run much smoother

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: So being that I got this problem shortly after I replaced the plugs and wires I decided to switch back to my old. Problem fixed. Has anyone else had problems with Bosch wires & Plugs? What would you guys recommend?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts