Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't like the way the cap dangles onto the side of the car when I fill up. Here's is my simple solution. I found this little stick-on cup holder at K-Mart. They were sold 4-5 to a pack.

Attachments

·
Registered
599 Posts
Good idea!

Thanx.:thumbup

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's a cool idea!!! My solution was to un-hook the cap from the door. That's a better solution though, so forgetful people won't forget to recap and leave their gas caps on top of the pumps. We know who we are. :laughlitt

·
Registered
176 Posts
i love this idea!!

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
06GTee said:
That's a cool idea!!! My solution was to un-hook the cap from the door. That's a better solution though, so forgetful people won't forget to recap and leave their gas caps on top of the pumps. We know who we are. :laughlitt
Yeah, I was ready to rip that f'ing pos off. Damn thing binds up and pulls the gas door closed when you try to remove or replace it. If I wasnt so forgetful, it would be gone already.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...Yep, as you close the door, see to it that it "lays' the way it was shaped from the factory and it will be fine. I almost twisted mine as I closed it (Like a long phone cord can get) and I took a bit more time to adjust it. Only let it get me once.

Stoenr said:
Yeah, I was ready to rip that f'ing pos off. Damn thing binds up and pulls the gas door closed when you try to remove or replace it. If I wasnt so forgetful, it would be gone already.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2k5conv said:
What is a stick-on cup holder? Did you modify it or something?
I will get a better close up shot for you sometime today.
I did nothing but stick it on. There is a post off of it that is about 1/2" long and the plastic tether from the gas cap is held in the thing real nice. Take a few minutes in the section of the store where they sell them wall stickem things and you should find some. I have seen them in Wal-Mart and K-Mart.

Hope this helps. It sure makes me feel better while gassing up.

Here's the close up.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have the same problem.
Great idea!!!!!!!! thank you.

Gig4Fun said:
I don't like the way the cap dangles onto the side of the car when I fill up. Here's is my simple solution. I found this little stick-on cup holder at K-Mart. They were sold 4-5 to a pack.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Whiplash-GT said:
shweet idea!!

only thing i would have done tho is color match it, so it looks kinda stock, or stands out less than when it's white :)
Yep, I sure agree with you on that. I had some paint left over from doing the mirrors and side louvers that I painted them with. I took the picture the day I put them on the cars...... before I got them red. The paint I had was base coat and not clear. I used a small brush and blew on it to dry it fast, as it took many coats to cover. I don't plan to put clear them, they look a lot better red.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks. I installed the locking Ford gas cap some time ago and this should help since I usually leave the key in the cap while I gas up.

·
Registered
403 Posts
what a silly idea...

wish I'd thought of it :) thanks a million for sharing!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ford4v429 said:
what a silly idea...

wish I'd thought of it :) thanks a million for sharing!
You are all welcome, so glad to share this for sure.

Silly indeed of FORD to have let it be this way. I was tempted to bend some of the metal away inside the door or something the first time I gassed up. I am glad it is a self service industry now. I can just imagine how many scrapes and scratches there would be if somelone else gassed up my car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts