Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the mesh lower grill with a billet style grill that will match the MCA's upper grill. Has anyone else done this? Is the AM clip-on the only option or is there something else out there that I've missed? Thanks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yea i've been searching. That looks like the only one.

If you find another one, let me know.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i've been searching. That looks like the only one.

If you find another one, let me know.
Looks like I'll go with the black lower billet grill from AM.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
381 Posts
I called AM and they said the lower billet grill is a clip-on.
i want an insert one.

but i can see taking out the mesh, and it has those nasty big pieces of plastic behind it. so that would probably look ugly as well.

Then again i'm on the fence about doing a gt/cs bumper. i might just save my pennies and do that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i want an insert one.

but i can see taking out the mesh, and it has those nasty big pieces of plastic behind it. so that would probably look ugly as well.

Then again i'm on the fence about doing a gt/cs bumper. i might just save my pennies and do that.
I banged up my bumper and have to get it replaced. The GT/CS bumper might be the way to go instead.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think Roush makes one that is available to order at a lot of Ford dealers. My dealer had a 2012 GT all Roushed-out last week and it had the upper and lower billet grille. The parts were listed on the window glass and I believe the lower grille is available separately.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think Roush makes one that is available to order at a lot of Ford dealers. My dealer had a 2012 GT all Roushed-out last week and it had the upper and lower billet grille. The parts were listed on the window glass and I believe the lower grille is available separately.
I think with the Roush or CS/GT bumpers you have to get the fogs separately. I think I'll stick with the stock bumper so I can keep my fogs and just go with the clip-on from AM.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Post some pix if you do get it, I'm curious how those clip ons would look over the stock.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Post some pix if you do get it, I'm curious how those clip ons would look over the stock.
Can do. I'll probably get it next week.

·
Registered
381 Posts
yea the roush def needs the separate fogs.

the gt/cs does require different fogs, however latemodelrestoration sells the kit for like 390$

if you have fogs already, it's pretty simple. just tap into the wiring or re-route current wire.

mine has fogs, so that's why i plan for the gt/cs. but who knows its not on the top of the list.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea the roush def needs the separate fogs.

the gt/cs does require different fogs, however latemodelrestoration sells the kit for like 390$

if you have fogs already, it's pretty simple. just tap into the wiring or re-route current wire.

mine has fogs, so that's why i plan for the gt/cs. but who knows its not on the top of the list.
Semi-OTish. Was it hard to install the Stillen chin spoiler and the GT500 rear valance? Those two are on my list of things I want to add at some point.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
you going to cutout the mesh one or just bolt over.
I chose to do neither of those 2 options...

Took out the grilles and drilled the holes into the backing. The lower grille only uses the two outer supports as there is no place for the middle third to mount to. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
381 Posts
Semi-OTish. Was it hard to install the Stillen chin spoiler and the GT500 rear valance? Those two are on my list of things I want to add at some point.
the chin spoiler was easy.

the rear valance was easy, but a lot of bolts and pins. the whole rear bumper has to come off. if you go to roush's website, they have instructions for theirs, it's the same for the gt500 one.

·
Registered
381 Posts

Took out the grilles and drilled the holes into the backing. The lower grille only uses the two outer supports as there is no place for the middle third to mount to. :bigthumbsup
so the plastic does come out some how ?
That's what i wasn't sure on. i wouldn't prefer to cut and i dont like bolt over. so i might do what you did. but i have a little voice in the back of my head saying "get a gt/cs bumper" , so we'll see

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the chin spoiler was easy.

the rear valance was easy, but a lot of bolts and pins. the whole rear bumper has to come off. if you go to roush's website, they have instructions for theirs, it's the same for the gt500 one.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts

What grill is that?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
probably from American muscle's catalog
OK, I was think so. It's not a bad price and it looks to be a very quality item, but I hate that you have to cut up the stock grill. That a lone would keep me from purchasing it, unless I bought an already chopped up V6 grill.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts