Ford Mustang Forum banner

Lower control arms

2K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  nonsensez9 
#1 ·
#2 ·
#4 ·
R3dF1r3 said:
get the BMR LCA's and avoid the KY jelly...
I have the BMR's. I'm not impressed. They don't fit well and don't eliminate the wheel hop.

SportPix said:
There's also a third company selling these same arms but at a lower price!
Where would that be? thanks.

G
#5 ·
nonsensez9 said:
I have the BMR's. I'm not impressed. They don't fit well and don't eliminate the wheel hop.

That surprises me as some guys have told me they work great. Hmmm.

My Pony has no wheel hop at hard launches, only in the wet rain will it wheel hop and even then I would be negligent to try such a stunt.
Did your Pony wheel hop bad in stock LCA's on dry pavement?

G
#6 ·
the wheel hop is from the rear end twisting upwards, not from being held with a pivot on the bottom. a adj uca and hd mount will do a lot more to lessen the wheel hop than a lca, unless your also using the lcm with it.

imho

#7 ·
nonsensez9 said:

Hi nonsensez9,

What is not fitting well with your BMR LCA's? Which do you have the fixed length or adjustables? What kind of ends did you get? bushing/bushing, bushing/hiem, hiem/hiem?

Look at Metco here: http://www.metcomotorsports.com/2005-ford-mustang-control-arms.html $320 a pair. The design is slightly different than the Steeda/Roush parts.

HTH

#9 · (Edited)
SportsPix said:
Hi nonsensez9,

What is not fitting well with your BMR LCA's? Which do you have the fixed length or adjustables? What kind of ends did you get? bushing/bushing, bushing/hiem, hiem/hiem?

HTH
fixed length, bushings, they're about 1/4 inch shorter and a hair wide at the front. Managed to get them installed and they help a bit, but I don't feel like changing them out and putting the stocks back... I'll wait until I have something else. Thanks for the link. by the way, Steeda has an adjustable upper 3rd link kit... is that the same as a UCA?

Roush and Steeda both offer 2 types of adjustable control arms, too. Again, they're identical except for the price lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.