Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Mustang gt w/Performance Pack 1
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my 2018 GT PP1. I never noticed the light on the rear lower diffuser. It’s always on whenever I turn on my lights. I thought it only should be on when I apply the brake or when I go in reverse. I’m not sure if I like it. I drove a challenger for the last ten years so I never noticed that light. Is there a mod or something I can do? I think it throws off the look of the rear of the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Those are just reflectors on the rear lower diffuser sides. They have no bulbs. Do you mean the lower quarter panel marker lights on the sides? Unless someone did a mod to the car before you got it.
Post a pic please.

The clear center light in the lower diffuser is your reverse light. There may be a short in it or your reverse light switch/neutral safety switch.
Also, I noticed that there's a 4th LED brake light kit available for the lower diffuser in the center. Perhaps someone added that and wired it to be a running light instead of a brake light or maybe there's a short that makes it stay on all the time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Diode Dynamics makes an LED replacement bulb for the reverse light that adds a brake light/red running light. I bought one and it works fantastically. You do need to wire it into the car wiring correctly obviously.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts