Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after a year I finally had it lowered. Ford racing shocks and struts, GT500 strut mounts and steeda sport springs.

anyone find its a rougher ride after lowering?

Attachments

·
Registered
631 Posts
Looks really good, I was gonna do the same exact setup but I scrape the front sometimes already so I decided to postpone. Most people say it'll be a rougher ride after lowering, but definately worth it for the look to me.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Looks great! Still deciding if I will lower mine or not. Sure looks nice though.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
452 Posts
The ride is always going to be a little rougher when lowering. Each combo is different. I "heard" that the Ford Racing shocks and struts are a little stiffer than others. I went with Koni STRT's with FRPP P springs and its a little stiff but not bad at all.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I installed the Steeda springs too and the ride was rough at first as well. It takes sometime to get use to, but the look and feel is bad ass!! I can't believe how well the car handles after just makinmg some improvements to the suspesnion. I love the more aggressive look. The Steeda springs are definatley a must buy :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
243 Posts
I also went with the sport springs. The ride is slightly harsher but the handling and looks are vastly improved and worth it. Besides it is a sports car.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I also have koni sport shocks and dampers, the car stays flat during hard braking and turns. The difference is dramatic. The steeda sport springs are actually higher than the ultralites, the sports are an inch in the front and 1.25' rear. The ultralites are 1.25' fronts and 1.5' rear.

·
Registered
548 Posts
The FRPP shocks struts are probably a little over dampened for normal driving conditions on the street so it definitely feels '"stiff" in conjuction with lowering springs.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i find the ride quality MUCH better.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Looks great! I hope the ride isn't too jarring for you. lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.