Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright its time to hit the suspension aspect of my 03 gt, i need some feed back.

so is it worth spending the money and investing in some eibach coil overs, or maybe another company along with changing out shocks and struts, or just

puttin some eibach sport line springs for the 2 in drop, and loading in new shocks and struts..

what else should i get along with this? not mentioning sway bars..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
701 Posts
Lowering with only a new set of springs will give your car a very "bouncy" suspension.

If you increase the spring rate (harder, shorter springs), you definitely also want to go with shocks/struts that have a higher dampening rate.
Don't only do the sprinngs, and leave the old worn out shocks/struts in there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
dvs_03gt said:
alright its time to hit the suspension aspect of my 03 gt, i need some feed back.

so is it worth spending the money and investing in some eibach coil overs, or maybe another company along with changing out shocks and struts, or just

puttin some eibach sport line springs for the 2 in drop, and loading in new shocks and struts..

what else should i get along with this? not mentioning sway bars..

No matter what susp. you get you must get the Steeda X2 Extended balljoints, the Bumpsteer Kit and Camber caster plates.........If you don't you will go thru front tires every 4 months...........
I wend with KYB, and they are good. I am removing the quads tho cause they hit/rub the main shocks in the rear. If you want a smooth ridea nd good suspension..get KYB's...they are cheap too.........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well obviously ill change out the s/s.. especially if im droppin it 2+ in..

but i just didnt know if i was better off spending the EXTRA CASH getting the coil over system or just goin with the springs.. AND YES AT THE SAME TIME changing the shocks and struts..

good lookin on those steeda parts though ill check into them..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
dvs_03gt said:
well obviously ill change out the s/s.. especially if im droppin it 2+ in..

but i just didnt know if i was better off spending the EXTRA CASH getting the coil over system or just goin with the springs.. AND YES AT THE SAME TIME changing the shocks and struts..

good lookin on those steeda parts though ill check into them..
Coil overs...Eibach makes a badaass setup!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
engineer76 said:
Lowering with only a new set of springs will give your car a very "bouncy" suspension.

If you increase the spring rate (harder, shorter springs), you definitely also want to go with shocks/struts that have a higher dampening rate.
Don't only do the sprinngs, and leave the old worn out shocks/struts in there.
Well I have to disagree there.Mine is lowered with H&R sport's and it rides better than stock by far even with the stock shock's and strut's.I've had them on for 2 years and no bad tire wear.But I only have 13000+ on my car.

If you go lower than 1.5 that is when you need to change alot of thing's.Also with that low a drop you will scrape on almost everything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
TK421DS said:
No matter what susp. you get you must get the Steeda X2 Extended balljoints, the Bumpsteer Kit and Camber caster plates.........If you don't you will go thru front tires every 4 months...........
I wend with KYB, and they are good. I am removing the quads tho cause they hit/rub the main shocks in the rear. If you want a smooth ridea nd good suspension..get KYB's...they are cheap too.........
I disagree. I have the Eibach Pro-Kit on my car and after it completely settled, I have a 1.5" drop all around. That is all I did for the suspension. The ride quality has increased greatly over stock and I don't have a bouncy ride in the least. It is very stiff and gives me great feedback to the road (for just lowering springs of course). I have had this kit on my car for almost a year now and it is my daily driver (have added around 10,000 miles since I have installed my Pro-Kit). My tire-wear is even through-out. I may, however, go with a lower system to eliminate my fender gap completely. If I do this, I will need caster-camber plates. And possibly the bump-steer kit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
701 Posts
Lances03GT said:
Well I have to disagree there.Mine is lowered with H&R sport's and it rides better than stock by far even with the stock shock's and strut's.I've had them on for 2 years and no bad tire wear.But I only have 13000+ on my car.

If you go lower than 1.5 that is when you need to change alot of thing's.Also with that low a drop you will scrape on almost everything.
Lances,

I am not saying that the stock s/s are good. I don't doubt that your car rides better now. I just say:
If you do suspension work, do it right. And don't make your car look like one of those insanely lowered VW Golf GTI's bouncing along our interstates.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
spazzy i wanted to go with the eibach pro kit plus, with the sportline springs, change out my shocks to some bilstein hds or mm's. x2 balljoint+bumpsteer+c/c plates. you think it can handle a 2.2in drop up front and 2 in the rear? i have 18x9's with the 03-04 cobra front end.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
engineer76 said:
Lances,

I am not saying that the stock s/s are good. I don't doubt that your car rides better now. I just say:
If you do suspension work, do it right. And don't make your car look like one of those insanely lowered VW Golf GTI's bouncing along our interstates.
Oh yes I agree 100%.That's why I went with H&R sport's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
dvs_03gt said:
spazzy i wanted to go with the eibach pro kit plus, with the sportline springs, change out my shocks to some bilstein hds or mm's. x2 balljoint+bumpsteer+c/c plates. you think it can handle a 2.2in drop up front and 2 in the rear? i have 18x9's with the 03-04 cobra front end.
I think the sportlines give it too much of a drop.You will scrape on everything and you might have trouble with a larger tire size.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so should i go with the prokit or the h&rs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im throwin the bilsteins hds on the front and rear
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
dvs_03gt said:
spazzy i wanted to go with the eibach pro kit plus, with the sportline springs, change out my shocks to some bilstein hds or mm's. x2 balljoint+bumpsteer+c/c plates. you think it can handle a 2.2in drop up front and 2 in the rear? i have 18x9's with the 03-04 cobra front end.
I'm sure you can do it. I would just be watching out for your tires rubbing when you hit uneven road. I bottom out at times with just my pro-kit (only on speed-bumps), I imagine the sportline could cause some complications. I rarely go over speed bumps, however, and will probably end up dropping the car even more once I find out ground clearances with new motor and exhaust whenever that gets done:laughlitt
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top