Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowering 2008 Mustang GT vert - need advice

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  BKid 
#1 ·
I am about to take the leap and lower my convertible. Here are the two choices I have narrowed down to:

- Steeda Sport springs 1" front / 1.25" rear (linear)
- BMR springs 1.25" rront / 1.5" rear (progressive)

-Either setup will include adjustable panhard bar, camber bolts, and GT500 strut mounts.

The question is, do I need new struts/shock or LCA relocation brackets with either of these two setups? Any opinions on either of these two springs?

Thanks!

#2 ·
crickets.... anyone ? Bueller, Bueller?

#3 ·
Might be quiet in here because the subject has been hashed and rehashed for so many repetitions it's unlikely there is much in the way of new information not already covered in previous threads.

You do not need new struts/shock or LCA relocation brackets with either of these two setups. You'll eventually be sorry you didn't do it if you don't.

I ran the Steeda Sport springs on a convertible for a few months without new shocks/struts. They were a wonderful improver of appearance and handling with very little downside effect. Very much more wonderful once the D-Specs were installed. Don't know nuthin' 'bout no LCA relocation brackets.

#5 ·
Not with the Steeda Sports.

#6 ·
I have the Steeda Sport spings in my 08' vert'. The only thing I added was JMR LCA with relocation brackets. Did I need to? Don't really know but the set up works good and looks good.

Only down side, watch out for speed bumps, you will bottom out on the big ones....

Mark

#7 ·
After much more research on this , I decided to speaking to someone with experience and contacted Sam Strano at StranoParts.com. Sam was able to confirm all the parts I needed to accomplish my goals for a lowered and improved ride.

Here is what I ordered:

• Steeda Sport springs
  • Koni Str.T Shocks and Struts
  • LCA relocation brackets
  • Double roto-joint adjustable pan hard bar
  • Steeda Heady Duty Strut Mounts

• Also got GT500 LCAs and Strut tower brace from FRPP
Going to work over the long Thanksgiving holiday weekend to install~

#8 ·
After much more research on this , I decided to speaking to someone with experience and contacted Sam Strano at StranoParts.com. Sam was able to confirm all the parts I needed to accomplish my goals for a lowered and improved ride.

Here is what I ordered:

• Steeda Sport springs
  • Koni Str.T Shocks and Struts
  • LCA relocation brackets
  • Double roto-joint adjustable pan hard bar
  • Steeda Heady Duty Strut Mounts
  • Also got GT500 LCAs and Strut tower brace from FRPP
Going to work over the long Thanksgiving holiday weekend to install~
That would do it. Not sure I like the parts list. I like ChePerformance.com for those parts. I also would like to add that if you do lower it ,it will not help your Drag racing if you do that sort of thing.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.