Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
This may have been asked before but i will ask any way.
I want to lower my GT conv by 1-1.5".
There are so many kits available, i dont want to upset the ride to much, i understand that it will stiffen up a bit but being a conv i dont want to shake it apart.
I have heard Steeda have a good kit but i have heard bad reports about Eibach but have not had contact with anyone who actually runs these lowered springs.
Thanks in advance

Tungsten Grey 2006 GT Auto
K&N aircharger
Bullits
Soon to be lowered and striped:eyepoppin

I gotta say it is awesome, 115 this morning :eyepoppin , top down in the sun :eyepoppin

Rats in O.C. Cal

·
Registered
259 Posts
ratster said:
Hi all.
There are so many kits available, i dont want to upset the ride to much, i understand that it will stiffen up a bit but being a conv i dont want to shake it apart.
I have heard Steeda have a good kit but i have heard bad reports about Eibach but have not had contact with anyone who actually runs these lowered springs.
Thanks in advance

K&N aircharger
Bullits

I gotta say it is awesome, 115 this morning :eyepoppin , top down in the sun :eyepoppin

Rats in O.C. Cal
Steeda did my vert and have no problems!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Rat, I too am in the same situation. I also live in So. Cal. So if you got any good lead, please let me know as well. :winks

Ashveem

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
How do you get a car jack under there with a lowered suspension. I feel like i can barely get mine under there with stock.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
How do you get a car jack under there with a lowered suspension. I feel like i can barely get mine under there with stock.
You put it on a lift :laughlitt

·
Registered
29 Posts
ratster said:
Hi all.
Thanks in advance

K&N aircharger
Bullits

Rats in O.C. Cal
I have Eibach Pro springsand it lowerd it a decent amount..wish i went with Eibach sportline casue its got more aggressive look andlower than the Pro..but ive herd to go with sportline unless your doin all ur suspention etc.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
The Steedas were the ones with the prob! Eibachs was fine all the time, just a rumour!

They will both stiffen you ride! The only way to not do that is by cutting your stock springs.

FRPP sounds like a plan, have them installed at the shop with warranty...

How often do you jack your car up? I have the pros and jack it up once a week to get the ETs on, no prob, just have to slide it in the rear wheel well... or you can drive the car up on a curb or a couple 2x4s...

The sports are STIFF!!

Lower is better!!

PS. If you decide to cut a stock set for stock comfort and sport looks...
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/pp-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=2806&sort=2&cat=500&page=1 http://www.allfordmustangs.com/pp-classifieds/showcat.php?ppuser=18632&cat=500

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
lowering kit

Hey all,
I am interested in getting the Saleen suspension/lowering kit for my '05 GT Vert. The question I have is, I presently have 20" wheels on my girl. Would lowering the car 1.5-1.8 inches be too much? Would I be better off with Eibach lowering kit?:?:

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
kj_cinci said:
The Steedas were the ones with the prob! Eibachs was fine all the time, just a rumour!

They will both stiffen you ride! The only way to not do that is by cutting your stock springs.

FRPP sounds like a plan, have them installed at the shop with warranty...

How often do you jack your car up? I have the pros and jack it up once a week to get the ETs on, no prob, just have to slide it in the rear wheel well... or you can drive the car up on a curb or a couple 2x4s...

The sports are STIFF!!

Lower is better!!

PS. If you decide to cut a stock set for stock comfort and sport looks...
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/pp-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=2806&sort=2&cat=500&page=1 http://www.allfordmustangs.com/pp-classifieds/showcat.php?ppuser=18632&cat=500
Im not crazy about the stiff ride either so.....has anyone cut their stock springs??? if so how much? you would have to get a full coil off for the spring to set back in its seat properly???? isnt the end of the spring tapered or??????? thanks Mick

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
mrvandermey said:
Hey all,
I am interested in getting the Saleen suspension/lowering kit for my '05 GT Vert. The question I have is, I presently have 20" wheels on my girl. Would lowering the car 1.5-1.8 inches be too much? Would I be better off with Eibach lowering kit?:?:
I'm guessing you're still overall OEM size with thin rubber? So sizewise you'll be fine. The ride will be ROUGH either which brand!

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
MickMach said:
Im not crazy about the stiff ride either so.....has anyone cut their stock springs??? if so how much? you would have to get a full coil off for the spring to set back in its seat properly???? isnt the end of the spring tapered or??????? thanks Mick
I don't know. When I did an older car back in the days I just cut an inch at a time until desired height. (LOL, just remembered a friend who cut and cut and cut... then when he was happy he did the other side the same total amount and the tail end was flat on the ground when he took the lift down!! :dunce: )

Do a search, this was very much discussed past spring...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sportlines

Blk_05GT_69ing said:
I have Eibach Pro springsand it lowerd it a decent amount..wish i went with Eibach sportline casue its got more aggressive look andlower than the Pro..but ive herd to go with sportline unless your doin all ur suspention etc.
You might want to think twice before going with the sportlines. I have them on my '05 GT... the car is slammed! I only have about 31/2- 4" of clearance. The car looks awsome and handles even better but I'm seriously wondering what I'm gonna do if it ever needs any warranty work. I've had it at two seperate dealerships and neither could get it on the lift! P.S. It has no chin spoiler/ground effect kits. It rolls on 19" FOOSE wheels with Nitto 555's.

·
Registered
214 Posts
mrvandermey said:
Hey all,
e-mail from Saleen

apparently it's only an " drop (if this is the same kit you're referring to..)

Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2005 7:33 AM
To: Parts
Subject: specs please..

looking for the drop on the 2005 suspension kit..

Part Number: 10-1300-A11503

The suspension kit includes the Front Struts, Front Sway Bar, Rear Shocks, and the Springs. It would give your car about a 1” inch drop all around.

Thanks,

(name withheld to protect the innocent :D )
Saleen Aftermarket Parts

i'm looking at the FR kit i think..
all track tested so it's hard to go wrong :D

·
Registered
435 Posts
IAM1096 said:
I've had it at two seperate dealerships and neither could get it on the lift! P.S. It has no chin spoiler/ground effect kits.
So....how did you get it OFF the lift when you installed them?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great response guys

I am still none the wiser.
I want the stang to look cool but don't want to shake it to bits or be too uncomfortable to drive on long trips.
On the wheel front i have 17" bullitts but want to go bigger, i am thinking 18" again because of ride, maybe 19" if i find a style halve as good as the bullitt wheels, i don't think any bigger because of ther tire compliance.
what do you guys think

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
ratster said:
I am still none the wiser.
I want the stang to look cool but don't want to shake it to bits or be too uncomfortable to drive on long trips.
On the wheel front i have 17" bullitts but want to go bigger, i am thinking 18" again because of ride, maybe 19" if i find a style halve as good as the bullitt wheels, i don't think any bigger because of ther tire compliance.
what do you guys think
Go with 18's if you care about ride quality. Any 19's are pretty bad, I had 255/40 and it was pretty bad the 275/35/19s are worse... the Eibach Pro's doesn't help.... since I'm driving alone 99% of the time with no load I take the rougher ride for the handling that doesn't even compair to the stock ride! I LOVE onramps, and some off ramps too!! :winks

If the Saleen's are softer (as stock?) and you don't 'need' the handling upgrade that might be the way to go. With 18's.

Or again, cut offs with 18's...

With softer springs you could still have (most of?) the handling with the Anti Roll kit and shocks/struts! I can't justify the cost right now but would love a set of adjustable shocks, pretty stiff for every day driving, soft/stiff for drag weekend, and softer for the long haul...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts