Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I was looking for what your guys' opinion was on 1 inch lowering blocks for my 65 mustang. I want to do it because I think the car could use about an inch or so out of the rear end stance, what do you guys think?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Lowering blocks tend to reduce the handling and for not much more $, you can have the rear springs re-arc-ed lowing the rear by what you want. Find a good spring shop, this is an easy to do for them ...fyi...hot re-arc only (no cold process- because the springs will fail- ie not stay where they were set).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lowering blocks tend to reduce the handling and for not much more $, you can have the rear springs re-arc-ed lowing the rear by what you want. Find a good spring shop, this is an easy to do for them ...fyi...hot re-arc only (no cold process- because the springs will fail- ie not stay where they were set).
You want to de-arch to remove height. Re-arch to add height.

De-arch new springs before getting too many miles on them or within a year if sitting most of the time.

De-arch cold, not hot.

Don't know what is recommended for re-arch...hot or cold

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
...or you can just buy a set of reverse-eye/mid-eye springs from one of the poplar mustang vendors. More than likely your springs are worn out by now Why put money into them? Just my 2 cents.
Good luck though with your project.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts