Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere that the Eibach spring kit makes the ride too harsh. Just wanted to see if any of you guys know of any other kits that lowers our stangs about 1" - 1.5" without sacrificing too much on the ride. If it isn't possible to lower and not sacrifice ride, do you think the ride can be improved with different shocks?

Thanks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think that with any kit the ride will change, become a little firmer (Some more than others). Any damper kit will certainly help. Tokico hs the 16 way adjustables for a reasonable price now, under $450.00 in most places.

I have the Eibach Sportlines (About a 2" drop) and find the ride firm but not harsh. I like the way it feels and handles. ALthough there are a few really big speed bumps that have gotten me when I have the car full of kids.

06GTee said:
I read somewhere that the Eibach spring kit makes the ride too harsh. Just wanted to see if any of you guys know of any other kits that lowers our stangs about 1" - 1.5" without sacrificing too much on the ride. If it isn't possible to lower and not sacrifice ride, do you think the ride can be improved with different shocks?

Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks nbk13nw for your input. You got me looking at all the parts sites again. :laughlitt I'm thinking seriously about the Eibach Pro-System kit without the anti-roll bar (don't drive that hard, don't think i need it). It comes with the springs and dampers. Overall it lowers the car by about 1.5". I think it should be sufficient for my laid-back cruising but also improve the look and handling. What do you think?

Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure if this is correct but I heard that the drag-launch set from eibach is height adjustable?? The sportlines lower about 2-2.5" and the pro kit lowers about 1-1.5". Hope that helps.

·
Registered
767 Posts
nbk13nw said:
I think that with any kit the ride will change, become a little firmer (Some more than others). Any damper kit will certainly help. Tokico hs the 16 way adjustables for a reasonable price now, under $450.00 in most places.
QA1, Ebiach, and FRPP also now have out damper kits for lowered S197 cars.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts