Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The look I am going for, even though it is a V6, is the typical old style muscle car look with the front being a quarter inch or half inch lower than the front. Stock the 2004 Mustang V6 looks sky high, so for looks and performance what kind of lowering kit should I go with?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Just find some springs that give you the drop that you want. Then upgrade your shocks/struts to go with the new springs.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
For performance, you will want to lower the whole car by about 1.25" in front and 1" in back. Ford C-springs ($180 from AM) and Eibach Pro Springs ($150 from UPR Products) are your best bet.

If you really want the "muscle-car" look, then I would try to find just the front lowering springs and then go with a high profile rear tire (probably need a stiffer shock in the rear then to hold your chassis up off of your tire)... but be warned this will totally mess up your steering, suspension, and speedometer!! Only do this for a show car... :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
301 Posts
Granatelli Motorsports has rear lower control arms that raises up the rear of the car up to 2 inches! Though, I'm pretty sure that the look you're going for you would have to buy more suspension parts other than than just springs if you are really trying to get that dramatic muscle car look! But heres the link of those control arms if you're wondering about them... Loading...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.