Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this may be a stupid question, but here goes...when you install either a Eibach lowering kit or a Saleen suspenion kit with lowering springs, what do you need to do to the car for such installation? Such as do you need to have a front wheel alignment? Do you need to install a panrod? Do you have to change the shocks? Are these kits essentially complete and simply a bolt-on? Any advice on which brand of lowering kit to buy or to avoid? I am sorry for the questions, but I do not have the mechanical ability or skill to attempt something without knowing what is needed or should be done.:?:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Either one is a great product. I would get the entire kit. If you are not going to do it I would find a good shop to do the work. I would want to see if they have done a few and ask them if you can talk with thier customer.
After getting the work done make sure you get the alginment . :cool:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would order the saleen susp. kit for 799.00 you get lowering springs, shocks/struts and front sway bar. Everything is just a simple swap. The only adjustment needed is to re-allign the front end. You don't need shocks/struts but it will make the ride alot smoother, and since your replacing the springs, save some money and do the strut/shocks at the same time.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lowering springs

Is the Saleen kit really worth the price? I guess I am asking, does the shocks, struts and sway bar make a significant difference, or should I just go with the lowering kit from Eibach? :eyebulge:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I can't speak for the Mustang since I don't have one (hence the name), BUT for two other cars I've lowered with Eibach, I did not notice bottoming out the shocks except for this one dip that was just evil. Honestly, I'm thinking lowering springs alone (without shocks/struts) may be good enough for about 99% of regular driving. That is not to say you wouldn't benefit from good aftermarket shocks/struts but I figure the price is not worth the slight gain and besides, I'll just put that stuff in after the stock ones need replacin'. As for the front sway bar, you can (I think I may be correct here) swap that out without touchging the springs so that can always be down the road. I find doing mods gradually let's me really appreciate a single mod all that much more...and gives me something to look forward too. Oh, and it's easier on the wallet too. Lowering the car, aside from sticky rubber, is the greatest single thing you can do to improve handling. Has the dual purpose of lowering the center of gravity and providing a stiffer suspension (although most damping is handled by shocks 'n' struts).

Of course, I can totally be off base when it comes to the the S197...:happyhapp

·
Registered
149 Posts
StangOwner2B said:
I can't speak for the Mustang since I don't have one (hence the name), BUT for two other cars I've lowered with Eibach, I did not notice bottoming out the shocks except for this one dip that was just evil. Honestly, I'm thinking lowering springs alone (without shocks/struts) may be good enough for about 99% of regular driving. That is not to say you wouldn't benefit from good aftermarket shocks/struts but I figure the price is not worth the slight gain and besides, I'll just put that stuff in after the stock ones need replacin'. As for the front sway bar, you can (I think I may be correct here) swap that out without touchging the springs so that can always be down the road. I find doing mods gradually let's me really appreciate a single mod all that much more...and gives me something to look forward too. Oh, and it's easier on the wallet too. Lowering the car, aside from sticky rubber, is the greatest single thing you can do to improve handling. Has the dual purpose of lowering the center of gravity and providing a stiffer suspension (although most damping is handled by shocks 'n' struts).

Of course, I can totally be off base when it comes to the the S197...:happyhapp
Right on!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts