Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question. Has anyone lowered thier 03-04 cobra? I was thinking about lowering mine. I have lowered all of my other stangs, but this the first irs car I have ever had. Does it kill the ride or does just tighten it up like the gt's. I still not sure if even want to do this because I am pleased with handling just as it is. Any feedback would be great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My son put H&R race springs on his 03 Cobra and he loves them. Don't let the name fool you into thinking they are just for racers and not suitable for daily driving, they are good progressive rate springs. The look is very low and aggressive but speed bumps have to be driven over slowly. I rode in it before and after, the ride is still good for normal driving and small bumps, but you will feel the big bumps more. Several other maunfacturers make good springs also. You can always call the technical service phone number at Maximum Motorsports and talk to them, they are one of the best and are very helpful.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well santa aka my wife was very generous this year. She got me the accufab throttle body with plenum, I have had it for a while but she made me wait until x-mas to get it. She also ordered me a set of eibach springs.

I just finished installing everything the other day. I love the springs. They only lowered the car a little over an inch but it really improved handling. I have not tried launching the car to see if it might hook up just slightly better.

The throttle body was pleasant surprise also I was exspecting better response but around 4500 rpm it pulls like a freight train. I am sure it pulls even better at higher rpm but I don't like to tach the car real high.

So if anyone else has a 03-04 cobra and are thinking about installing a throttlebody. I would highly recommend it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
It should lower a little bit more after you break it in.......

You got 04 Cobra :drool: & dont want to tach it :shrug ...... Whats a matter with you!!!!! Go ahead tach her, its okay :winks

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AUSTINSCOBRA said:
It should lower a little bit more after you break it in.......

You got 04 Cobra :drool: & dont want to tach it :shrug ...... Whats a matter with you!!!!! Go ahead tach her, its okay :winks
I should have been more clear. I don't like to tach it above 6000 rpm. That's not saying I don't but I don't like to do it that often.

·
Registered
148 Posts
JD04COBRA said:
The throttle body was pleasant surprise also I was exspecting better response but around 4500 rpm it pulls like a freight train.
So if anyone else has a 03-04 cobra and are thinking about installing a throttlebody. I would highly recommend it.
What other mods did you have installed when you changed the throttle body/plenum?

Im just wondering -- if I were to change out ONLY the TB/plenum and leave everything else stock (except k&N drop-in air filter) if it would do the same thing, i.e. "pull like a freight train"....

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mccoigk said:
What other mods did you have installed when you changed the throttle body/plenum?

Im just wondering -- if I were to change out ONLY the TB/plenum and leave everything else stock (except k&N drop-in air filter) if it would do the same thing, i.e. "pull like a freight train"....
When I installed the throttle body/plenum, I had already installed a 2.8 pulley, diablosport tuned, 95mm c&l mass air meter w/k&n filter, aux. idler and flowmasters. So as you can see mine wasn't stock when I installed the TB/plenum. But I have friends that I changed just the TB/plenum for and they said the car seems much stronger through out rpm range, especially at higher rpm. 4-6000 rpm. I haven't seen the dyno numbers myself but I have heard of people getting 25-30 hp. I don't know how true that is but I haven't heard anything negative about the swap. I have only small suggestion DO NOT ADJUST THE SET SCREW for the blade. I had a friend who done that and the car did not idle right and he kept getting a " idle air rpm higher than expected" fault. I took me a few trys but I finally got it fixed for him. Why he adjusted it I don't know, but just fair warning.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i used eibachs prokit and it was easy on the front...you will need a spring compressor for the irs in the rear but it is a breeze to do and it looks kickazz and rides nice but handles like its on rails.....money well spent.....:thumbsup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.