Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to purchase a set of lowering springs for my gt. what i am wondering is do all sets lower the front and rear in different amounts? b/c i have noticed some manufacturers don't include the amount of drop. i am looking to drop the front about an 1 1/2" and the rear 1". so any info. on a good set that can achieve those specs. would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hey bamm look at the eibach pro kit springs thier lowering springs claim to lower your car to the specs you want plus I got them on my 92 lx and I like how it looks.:)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
dont forget
you cant just get springs
you may possibly need new caster camber plates to achieve proper alignment.
also, if you dont get aftermarket struts/shocks, your car will handle lke crap!
also, your going to need at least offset rack bushings to correct your bumpsteer problems.
and you should get new spring isolators as well.

sorry :(

·
Registered
316 Posts
systronic is right plus if you do all that at the same time you'll save money on labor, so it would be a good idea to do it all together.When I lowered my lx I did all that at ones.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
labor is bs, do i t yourrself!!!

you can borrow a spring compressor from autozone or something, for free.

its not that hard, just time consuming.
the hardes tpart will be limping your car to the alignment shop when your all done.

another thought, control arms have to come off when doing springs. you should do those too. ytou dont have to, but its a good idea. if you cant afford too, dont worry. maybe do the rears only.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i actually already have the entire rear and control arms off my car. i dropped everything to re-undercoat it. i just reinstalled my tank. and i have an energy suspension bushing kit to replace all factory bushings. i did have the k-member out in the fall to replace the bushings and paint the engine compartment. i should have lowered it then but i had just installed a windsor and was impatient to drive it w/ the new motor. stupid of me i know. so as far as doing it myself thats no prob. and about the caster camber plates, do you guys think i will need new ones or is it one of those don't know till i drive it? and would be easier to drop it less to keep from needing new plates? and does anyone know where i can buy aftermarket quad shocks for the rear? i found the main shocks no prob. but i am having trouble finding quads.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
if you have sturdier than stock rear control arms, try taking your quad shocks off, you might not even need them.

also, if you want to go lower, but want to avoid new c/c plates (expensive, iknow) do what im doing.

bullitt springs / mach 1 springs, or ford racing "C" springs. they drop your car about .875 inches up front, and about .5 in the rear. but they are nice and stiff up front, to keep you firmly planted. ppi has a bullitt kit (struts, shocks, and springs) for 400. they were manufactured to work together. its a great deal, and even though it says it for 94-04, they DO fit 87-93.

that will keep you high enough to avoid new C/C plates. however, still make sure you get new spring isolators, urethane ones.

if youd rather avoid the kit, the ford C springs run about 130 - 140.
jegs and summit have them, as well as stangsuspension.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.