Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welll first let me start off my saying this is a great forum, always been snooping around and finally joined up. Greetings from Fort Benning GA!

i have 2012 gt, recently been interested in suspension upgrades never really messed with suspension all besides lifting vehicles in the past ive never lowered anything. ive tried to do more research but theres so much out there it gets confusing sometimes

I use my car as a daily driver and want it set up as a good DD but also for those weekend drag strip trips.

So far ive bought Sr performance lowering springs and the eibach cam bolts according to american muscle it should drop the car 1.5 inchs front and rear. this week i also plan on buying adjustable lower control arms (bmr, upr, steeda, any opinions?) and a adjustable panhand bar.

how do you guys think itll be with this setup? trying to avoid shocks and struts for right now till later if i can. the ride may be rough but i dont mind that at all.

really looking for opinions on brands or any added suggestions for what i think may be a good DD weekend warrior setup.

thanks guys

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welll first let me start off my saying this is a great forum, always been snooping around and finally joined up. Greetings from Fort Benning GA!

i have 2012 gt, recently been interested in suspension upgrades never really messed with suspension all besides lifting vehicles in the past ive never lowered anything. ive tried to do more research but theres so much out there it gets confusing sometimes

I use my car as a daily driver and want it set up as a good DD but also for those weekend drag strip trips.

So far ive bought Sr performance lowering springs and the eibach cam bolts according to american muscle it should drop the car 1.5 inchs front and rear. this week i also plan on buying adjustable lower control arms (bmr, upr, steeda, any opinions?) and a adjustable panhand bar.

how do you guys think itll be with this setup? trying to avoid shocks and struts for right now till later if i can. the ride may be rough but i dont mind that at all.

really looking for opinions on brands or any added suggestions for what i think may be a good DD weekend warrior setup.

thanks guys

Hello my recommendations are as this.

BMR relocation bracket

(summit racing the cheapest)

BMR lower control arm not adj. you don't really need to adjust lower arm just upper arms.

(late model restoration cheapest when you sign up 10.00 off)

Konis yellow adjustables if you want to track

might as well keep it BMR adj panhard bar

Good to use the AFM AM discount code too

·
Registered
657 Posts
Welcome to AFM. Lowering questions can bring a ton of answers on here. Most will generally agree that you should change Struts and Shocks whenever you drop a Mustang or the ride will be to bouncy or under damped. I changed my shocks and struts and i only did a 1 inch drop in the rear. Do a search and you will get plenty of help.

·
Registered
122 Posts
They are ok but the ride felt too bouncy for my liking... I took mine off after 3 months of use and went with the Yellows and i am super happy with the adjustment part.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts

thanks guys
Kona-Welcome to AFM! MustangConcept beat me to it and he's got a lot of good points here! BMR Suspension makes some really solid components and I highly recommend them! If you're seeing them listed elsewhere (i.e Summitt or LRS) Shoot us a call and we'll have a price match set up for you. We do offer a 6% forums discount code as well for members that have over 50 posts so when you're in that neighborhood shoot me a PM and I'll have the code sent over! Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime and I'm here to help!

Alex

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
On dampers for a street car I'd take Bilstein > anything else.

The relo brackets are a good idea, they correct some nasty anti-squat geometry corruption from lowering.

The panhard bar is a must.

I would skip camber bolts. You're taking material out of a very stressed part of the front suspension. Much better to correct camber gain by using adjustable upper strut mounts, or, if you're on a budget/not going to track/autocross the car, the GT500 strut mounts. They can be rotated 180 degrees with respect to the front of the car for different camber settings.

Depending on how "correctly" you want the rear suspension set up, you'll neither either an adjustable upper arm, adjustable lowers, or both. Both have their merits and flaws. You can probably get by with not messing with it for a while.

FYI- Koni oranges and yellows are the same dampers- the oranges are not adjustable, yellows are. A yellow on full soft is about like an orange.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello my recommendations are as this.

BMR relocation bracket

(summit racing the cheapest)

BMR lower control arm not adj. you don't really need to adjust lower arm just upper arms.

(late model restoration cheapest when you sign up 10.00 off)

Konis yellow adjustables if you want to track

might as well keep it BMR adj panhard bar

Good to use the AFM AM discount code too
whats the difference between adjustable uppers but not lowers vs all adjustable? ive heard more and more to get the relocation bracket as well and ive heard nothing but good things about koni yellows! ill most likely be getting those

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kona-Welcome to AFM! MustangConcept beat me to it and he's got a lot of good points here! BMR Suspension makes some really solid components and I highly recommend them! If you're seeing them listed elsewhere (i.e Summitt or LRS) Shoot us a call and we'll have a price match set up for you. We do offer a 6% forums discount code as well for members that have over 50 posts so when you're in that neighborhood shoot me a PM and I'll have the code sent over! Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime and I'm here to help!

Alex
thanks alex! i always go through AM, you guys are great. you also offer a great military discount which is much appreciated! when i go to order i while definitely give you guys a call.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts