Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about lowering my Mustang. Are the Eibach Pro Kits good? Is it necessary to do anything else --- shocks, sway bars, etc? Looking for the cheapest best way --- Thanks!!

·
Registered
867 Posts
I put the Eibachs on with no other additions. It rides good. It would be better with the shocks but it's not required. Here's a pic. I like the way it sits.

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
2horseowner said:
I put the Eibachs on with no other additions. It rides good. It would be better with the shocks but it's not required. Here's a pic. I like the way it sits.
Can I expect the same awesome look with just the Eibach Pro springs on my V6? How hard is it to install lowering spring kits? If difficult, then how much to have it done (ballpark, as different areas will cost different)?

Additionally, 2horseowner, what size are your wheels? I have put 18' wheels with 255/45's on. Do you see any rubbing/clearance problems with this and an Eibach kit?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I got the pro kit with 20 inch wheels and it looks awesome with no problems at all. However 20s with 35 profiles do lead to a rougher ride but I did'nt mind the trade off once I got use to it. I don't even notice it anymore.

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
So, how hard are the springs to install? Shadetree mechanic or service department? I'm thinking about putting some on; not for the "functional" reason, just for looks. My only concern is that living on a military post, I have to come in and out gates that have those pop-up barriers which are about 3" high when you drive over them. I wonder if lowering just 1-1.5" would cause me to scrape? Anyone out there military and lowered that can provide input?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts