Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stoped by the local you pull it yesterday and found a 1997 Mountianer with 120000 miles, someone was kind enough to pull the intake off (thats alright I have three of them already)and leave the heads behind. Made my job a little easier. The heads look really clean for having 120000 miles on them, I am thinking they may have had some recent work on them. If after looking at pics I would appreciated any feedback. I have heard and read concern regarding header / sparkplug fitment I have a set of BBK shortys and have attached to head it all seems a little tight but is workable-see pics. Oh yea price of heads tax and title out the door $76.00.:bigthumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
You won't be able to get a spark plug boot on those back two plugs. You either need to modify your BBK's or get the "P" specific headers.
Other than that great find. They look really good. I'd still freshen them up with new seats, springs, etc...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have E7s with newer springs less then 10000 miles and roller rockers, are these parts enterchangeable with the GT40P heads?:headscratch:

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I have E7s with newer springs less then 10000 miles and roller rockers, are these parts enterchangeable with the GT40P heads?:headscratch:
I would think both of them would be interchangeable.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts

Yes they are interchangeable, good find on the heads. You might want to try some 90 degree sparkplug boots and cut them down a bit if you want them to fit. You can also try running some accel shorty spark plugs.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
nice find!!

definately "P" specific headers.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Great find! Since you already have headers, you can make the BBK work. You can run either Accel shorty header plugs, or purchase a set of wires with 90 degree boots, like samo posted. If you purchase a kit that you terminate, you will be able to create enough clearance. You may want to check out the new Accel line, they have new Ceramic Boots!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.