Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys so my 66' mustang has been having problems with the original starter getting stuck on, or not turning off, when i use they key. I change the key cylinder thinking that is the problem, forget about it and leave my tools at home. Well the next day I go out to get something to eat in the mustang, go to leave, and the starter is stuck. Knowing that the starter would easily have fried or caught on fire, me being the idiot i can be, start to drive the car home as fast as i can. Well soon enough i lose power and end up on the side of the road. I later learned that my engine would have been a ball of flames if my old solenoid didnt give out, depowering the battery. My luck out of this haha. End of the story is that im now paying $650 dollars to replace the fly wheel, solenoid, and starter, joy haha:sadcry

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
That so sucks. I can relate to the leaving the tools at home. I dont do that now tho. If i work on my '66 on a Monday, i take all them tools & they go in the trunk. (even a few extra if i think i might be needing them)

That way on Tuesday when the car breaks, i AM prepared to at least attempt to fix whatever it is that i worked on, on Monday. :yup: I sometimes call my car a Mustang Craftsmen. Im sure i lose at least 1 mpg from the weight of all them tools in the trunk.

Glad you got it fixed finally tho!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
When my starter started sticking I knew something was wrong. I took it off to rebuild it and I found the whole inside of my starter painted hemi orange. rofl

That sucks about all the parts though. Hope replacement goes smoothly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts