Ford Mustang Forum banner

M 2000 GT: Clutch, suspension, head lights modification

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Urambo Tauro 
#1 ·
Hello,

I own a 2000 ford mustang GT convertible and I am looking to make some few changes in 2 month.

I don't do track racing even if I like to drive in a "dynamic/agressive" way and I am not to good at mechanics.

I need to change my clutch who start to smell burn and is really hard to push. My car is stock so I don't need a crazy stage 2 clutch. Just something better than the original that will upgrade my car a little. Can anyone give me some advice and show me what to buy exactly?

Concerning the suspension kit, the stock one are getting old. I want to change them in order to improve handling but also lower it. I would like to take the chance to lower the car by 1inche or 1 1/2 inchest. I read a lot of people saying that is not to good for the car to lower it too much what do you think ?

Also some people say that is good to change also Front and rear spring insulators and castor/camber plate.

Why should we change it ? Cause it will handle better or because it's essential ?

I don't want to put too much money and don't want to change those expensive piece, will that be bad ? Any advice

Here is the suspension kit I am looking at : Eibach Mustang Sport-System-Plus 4.1735.680 (94-04 V8 Coupe, 99-04 V6 Convertible) - Free Shipping

But they say it will fit V8 coupé or V6 convertible. I have a v8 convertible ??? will it still work. I can't find any kit fitting my V8 convertible

Also my headlights are foggy and I want to replace them with tinted head light. Does anyone who has used his for a long time can advice me on whitch after market head light to buy ?

I am going to import my mustang to France just after making those changes. I really don't want to have to change them after 2 or 3 years. Parts will be expensive over there since we don't sell those car.

Thanks everyone for the time you have spent reading my horrible english writing and thanks for the time you will spend answering it.

I hope to get great and clear advice :)

Have a good day

See less See more
#2 ·
For the clutch...if you do not plan on racing or adding a bunch more power than get a stock replacement clutch. The stock clutch isn't that bad and can handle more power than people think, plus it's a lot easier to use when driving around town.

Suspension - The kit you posted will be fine for your car. Keep in mind you will NEED Caster/Camber Plates for that kit. Spring Isolators are up to you...I run them, most don't...

#3 ·
#4 ·
Dropping more than 1.5in is fine as long as you plan for it (CC Plates, shocks/struts). Ground clearance definitely becomes an issue...how are the roads around you?

The stock sway bars are actually pretty good and would be completely fine for your car. since they come in the kit you might as well use them. It will firm the ride up and help cornering.

I will add that you need to do Subframe Connectors as well.

#6 ·
That's a fair price for a clutch job in my opinion.

#7 ·
The Sportline springs in the first kit you posted are a bit too aggressive for my tastes, and I think they're better suited for track-only cars.

For a street-driven car, I think you'd be happier with that second kit you found. It contains the Pro-Kit springs, which are just about right for these cars in my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.