Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys long time no see! Down here at NAS Pensacola going to school for the Navy and been pretty busy. I'm getting ready to press the buy button on the Handling pack for my GT but I have a question for the people who have installed this kit on there own. What if any fasteners do I need to buy other than what comes in this kit? I am also going to buy the J&M caster camber plates to replace the factory upper strut mounts. I have reviewed most of the factory service manual and it talks about throwing out certain nuts and bolts and replacing with new ones. Is this required? If someone has the list of part numbers required can you post them so I can buy them all or should I just reinstall the factory bolts?

Also if there are any lubricants or locktite that I am going to need?

Thanks for the help in advance :bigthumbsup

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
You should replace any of the torque to yield bolts. Some have gone ahead and used red thread locker instead.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was reading a review about installing the pack over at mm&ff and they used a grease gun at one point. how does that work and is it inexpensive?

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
You should always hand lube poly bushings. You risk splitting them with a grease gun.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I think you could get a better suspension if you purchased some individual parts instead of the Ford motorsport pak....The most important part would be the struts and rear shocks. The Tokico D-specs are fully adjustable and can be tuned for just about any set of springs you might purchase. Its a good thing to be able to soften up the ride when your on a long trip and then tighten them up for some track time. I think Sutton has them for less then $500. There are many good lowering springs, steeda, BMR, etc. If you lower more then an inch you will need an adjustable panhard bar which ford does not have in the pack. GA

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another question. The two black pieces that came with the springs. What are they? I dont see any reference to them in any of the service manual articles.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Over the front? I got the pack so the front looks like they have them already so do I need them?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I got most of the work done on saturday and I have to say out of all the mods I have done it was the easiest and most straight forward of them all. Ran out of time and havent installed the front swaybar yet nor have I got her aligned, but I will this week. The only mishap so far was that the right rear swaybar link that holds the bar off the ground has a bolt that sheared off and was clanking around last night. So this morning I took it completly off and will be calling ford racing to see if they will replace it because that should not of happened. The bar is still supported on the other side so its not going anywhere.

I will get some pics up when she is completed so far the ride harshness is barely noticable and I'm guessing that with everything designed to work together eliminates the harshness. Cornering is much improved with now role or brake dive noticable. But I'll see how she reacts when all the components come together.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Question. Does anyone see getting an alignment before installing the front swaybar as a problem? I dont think there will be an issue installing the swaybar after but i would rather not pay for an alignment twice. Thoughts?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.