Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who are shopping around or are just curious, here is a video i made of my 06 v6 mustang with MAC axle back exhaust. the video has footage of mainly driving around from the interior with the windows up. at the end i show my headlights as well as the idle of the exhaust. sorry bout the poor quality of the camera. it takes better pictures than video

YouTube - 06 V6 Mustang With Mac Axle back mufflers

it shows up really small in the video, its bigger if you actually go to you tube to watch it

·
Registered
505 Posts
7 led meaning they go 7 different colors?? I feel ripped off..all mine do is blue:weeps....muffs sound good when you get on it.....decent amount of drone though while cruisin....is that typical with macs??(Could be my cpu speakers though)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you have a sub woofer? i found that on my computer when i tested it before i posted it, at certain hertz the sub woofer would reverberate a lot more than normal. it was a sub woofer problem and not the car's actual sound. the drone is there but you cant hear it when music is on and the shaker radio volume knob has 3.5 to 4 bars on it (depending on the music). the drone is a price to pay for the sound, but honestly i don't mind it and when the drone goes away i think somethings wrong lol. but yes Macs do have a drone on them which is why i showed the different speeds so you can hear how it changes.

and yea the led lights can change to 7 colors. they actually weren't that much if you wanted to get them. only like 30-35 dollars i think and it comes with 4 lights and the controller.

i'm gonna do a drive by and revving video probably this weekend if i get the time. ill post it in this same thread.

·
Registered
505 Posts
yeah Ive got a sub hooked up...I used to try and listen to all the vids on the laptop but they always sounded like crapola so I do it all on the thunderous desktop...makes my exhaust sound way meaner!! I bought these little 9" cheapie lights for mine....they just plug into the outlet jack...they r pretty nice but they r not 7 color nice...

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oo i like them. nice install also. did you plug them into the cig lighter in the center console?

and i know what you mean about the sound. with the sub, that is what they sounded like for the first 1k miles. after that it dropped off a lot. im not sure how to tell you to adjust it so it sounds apropriate so w.e lol

·
Registered
505 Posts
They came with some long cords so they made it into the center console...just had to buy an adapter to split the plug to 2....the passenger side kept falling so I just moved it high up onto the floorboard...bout the same little hiding spot as yours:)....I like um...actually got the idea for the lights from one of your earlier threads I think?? I guess I'll have to steal your carbon fiber interior look next...looks really good!! Are those just stick ons?

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
i really want macs,,,,,but again, afraid of the drone...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea that video defiantly gives you an example of the drone. its much better now but originally (for the first 4 months) it was bad. i also put insulation in the trunk and under the back seat.

and the carbon fiber is stick on. but it looks great. just make sure you clean the surface well before you apply it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.