Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2006 KB mustang GT. i allready got the MAC axelbacks but having a supercharger i think i full exhaust would help me out. I love the way my axelbacks sound and seem like the youtube videos i see with headers with it are awesome:bigthumbsup but voice your opinion! r they any good? any need to knows? whats this o2 sensor? just some simple advice would b appreciated. but i think L/T with prochamber and my axelbacks is what i want to do

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
they are ok, the biggest issue is that they are a Pita to install, also if you ever need to change the clutch they need to come off, you will need 02 sensor extensions...I love my long tubes, they sound great

·
Registered
174 Posts
I will agree that they are one of the best sound and performance header but they should have built them with stainless instead of mild steel and ceramic coated, unless this has changed from when i was shopping for headers. The factory exhaust is stainless, I think anything else is moving backwards.

Oh and one more thing. For a catless system, Sometimes it's better to get a set of headers that have the O2 bung in one of the primaries instead of in the collector. That way they heat up faster and the fuel trims stay accurate (closed loop to open loop) then there is no need for O2 extensions. Then shut off the rear O2 sensors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts