Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was just told that the Mac catted H is just as loud as the O/R Prochamber, is this corret? Also, which midpipe makes the most hp out of the 2? Are there any good x-pipes with cats that are good for magnapacks?

·
Registered
276 Posts
MattKelley02GT said:
So I was just told that the Mac catted H is just as loud as the O/R Prochamber, is this corret? Also, which midpipe makes the most hp out of the 2? Are there any good x-pipes with cats that are good for magnapacks?
I'm putting the o/r pro chamber on Monday. Anything with cats is bound to be quieter than most anything w/o cats IMO. The reason I went with the pro chamber is all the feedback (with the o/r version) is very positive. The consensus is "it sounds awsome!" I'm going with the magnaflow catback rather than the magnapacks because I'm afraid of it being too loud. The o/r pro chamber with magnapacks would probably be awsome and loud! Good luck whatever you decide.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Not true, the o/r Pro Chamber is way louder than the catted H. I CAN tell you that much for sure as I've had both combos with the same set of mufflers.

·
Registered
276 Posts
MattKelley02GT said:
I put the pro chamber on last night and wow, louder yes! Drone isn't any worse though. What really amazes me is the difference in feel! Throttle response and just plain power up the hills is sooo noticeable. I'm very pleased and with a 11/2" catback and a dyno tune...oooh...I can't wait!:drool:

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
My o/r h-pipe will be in tomorrow, along with my replacement flow tubes due to my Dumba$$ messing them up pretty bad while trying to adjust the cat-back. Now its gotta bad leak at the collector. You where right Blue, if it sounds like a vibration, most likely it is, and it was. It was rubbing the axle ever so slightly.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Good job on finding the problem, glad I could help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.