Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just need some opinions. I know kooks are godly when it comes to headers but the reviews i've read about the mac lt's have them puttin out more hp gains than kooks (not much of a difference) and just wanted some opinions because the macs are fairly cheaper than the kooks.Im assuming it all about the quality but I figure if I go with ceramic macs and my girl isnt a daily driver then I should be just fine.
All opinions are appreciated.:)

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
That's easy, on a Fixed budget the Ceramic coated Macs are a Great choice, money is no object the Kooks are the Rolls Royce of headers!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's easy, on a Fixed budget the Ceramic coated Macs are a Great choice, money is no object the Kooks are the Rolls Royce of headers!

Not really a question of being able to afford them.I just figure why pay more for something that is going to perform the same.I've always been a you get what you pay for type of person but if the hp gains are bout the same I dont see why I should go with the kooks.:headscratch:

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
One thing about Kooks that makes them superior is their Collector Flange but like I said I can give a solid recommendation on the Macs, Lots of friends have them!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One thing about Kooks that makes them superior is their Collector Flange but like I said I can give a solid recommendation on the Macs, Lots of friends have them!
So tell me what your friends opinions about the hp gains and quality are. Good/ok? :scratchchin

·
Registered
106 Posts
If I remember reading properly I believe the Kooks are so godly because of performance + (this being the important part) high quality stainless steel

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
This is where i am caught up.. I have decided, for my 21st Birthday(this october 21st) i am buying myself LT headers and H pipe.. I was either doing the Kooks LT Headers + Catted H from Brenspeed.. Or i looked at MAC LT Headers + O/R Prochamber.. There is a huge price difference between the two- but what i hear performance may be close if not the same, its just how they are made, your paying for quality, fitment, and basically how long they will last..

That is what i have gathered on my own, i am waiting till my bday to really look into what ones i am going with.. It is too much money to make a quick decision and be unhappy.:gringreen

I just hope when i do buy the LT's and midpipe, i get a good 15rwhp from them.. I have a hard time spending $1360 on just sound..

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Our motors are different but I've seen guys bolt Mac LT's on NA 99-01 Cobras and go from high 280's to like 310 at the rear wheels, that's impressive,the only down side on this motor is you have to drop the K-Member or install them when the engine is pulled. I'm not sure the process on the 05+!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Our motors are different but I've seen guys bolt Mac LT's on NA 99-01 Cobras and go from high 280's to like 310 at the rear wheels, that's impressive,the only down side on this motor is you have to drop the K-Member or install them when the engine is pulled. I'm not sure the process on the 05+!:bigthumbsup
Yeah those increases are not normal, im sure it could happen, but not likely on everyones car.. Yeah i talked to my shop last week that did my gear install and said it was a PITA to do 04 and down mustangs LT headers, he said the same thing you just did. He told me he would charge me $350 for install on my 06 GT, its alot easier to do and you do NOT need to drop the motor or anything. So that is cool!

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
This is where i am caught up.. I have decided, for my 21st Birthday(this october 21st) i am buying myself LT headers and H pipe.. I was either doing the Kooks LT Headers + Catted H from Brenspeed.. Or i looked at MAC LT Headers + O/R Prochamber.. There is a huge price difference between the two- but what i hear performance may be close if not the same, its just how they are made, your paying for quality, fitment, and basically how long they will last..

That is what i have gathered on my own, i am waiting till my bday to really look into what ones i am going with.. It is too much money to make a quick decision and be unhappy.:gringreen

I just hope when i do buy the LT's and midpipe, i get a good 15rwhp from them.. I have a hard time spending $1360 on just sound..
Mac Ceramic coated LT's with shorty O/R H pipe, DONE!

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
I know 3 friends that picked up that kind of HP by just switching out the stock exhaust manifolds with Mac LT's in their Cobra's, But yes it takes MANY hours labor! That 4 Cam motor wants to breath especially in normally aspirated mode! I wish I slapped a set on when I did my forged motor but money was tight after the build!

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Ahh nice! Yeah bro, i want to go catless- since as you know(living in Florida) we do not have emission tests. Cops really do NOT care, but my father still has a say since he uses the phrase "you live under my roof, you go by my rules"... He likes to play by the rule book- i can't stand it.. He used to claim if they catch you it a $15,000 fine.. LOL BS..

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
I've been pulled over probably 10 times in my Cobra in the 3 years I've had it and only 1 cop said "Hey it sounds kinda loud?"
That was about as far as exhaust curiousity went with the cops I've encountered in Florida! Just make sure if and when you do get pulled over TURN THE MOTOR OFF before you even come to a full stop, haha!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.