Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just needed some opinions on mac prochamber vs mac off road x pipe with cai and tune. HP gains anyone?

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
haven't seen dyno comparisons but i would think the X pipe would flow better. Also never heard the prochamber on a 3V but on a 2V it didn't sound good and the guy bought a O/R H pipe the next day.
Also i put an X pipe on my 05GT and bought the H pipe after a week. To raspy to me.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I have the ProChamber with cats. It is a deeper sound than stock but not much louder. So, versus an X-pipe it will much deeper and is not raspy at all. As far as HP gains, haven't seen any dyno comparisons but would think they would be about the same as an X and minimal gain from the stock H-pipe. If your going catless then a few more HP gain.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have had both an O/R x-pipe, and I currently have the O/R Prochamber. I can't feel a power difference with either, but the Prochamber makes it soud WAAAAAAY better in my opinion. Deeper, less trumpeting, Sounds very mean. I am constantly getting complimants on the way it sounds.
My entire exhaust set up:
MAC Ceramic L/T's, MAC O/R Prochamber, SLP Power Flo Axle backs.

+1,000,000 on the O/R Prochamber!!!!! :gringreen

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have had both an O/R x-pipe, and I currently have the O/R Prochamber. I can't feel a power difference with either, but the Prochamber makes it soud WAAAAAAY better in my opinion. Deeper, less trumpeting, Sounds very mean. I am constantly getting complimants on the way it sounds.
My entire exhaust set up:
MAC Ceramic L/T's, MAC O/R Prochamber, SLP Power Flo Axle backs.

+1,000,000 on the O/R Prochamber!!!!! :gringreen
Ive heard the o.r. prochamber and mac lt's on youtube and they sound awesome.They sound as close to my 99 cobra as it could get and thats what i am lookin for......I loved the sound of that car,always got a WOW from people.The 3v just sound so different to me and its hard to get use to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.