Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Mustang GT 5 spd w/ a Flowmaster 40 Series Catback and i want to make it louder by adding a Mac Prochamber w/ Cats.

1) Will it make my car run too lean or mess up my A/F ratio?

2) Do i have to get Mil Eliminators?

I just dont want to get it and make my car run like crap, so i would appreciate the help

thanks alot

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a prochamber without cats on my 99 gt. I'm not certain as far as a/f ratio, but if you get cats you shouldn't need mil eliminators. Sometimes "Hi-Flow" cats will cause o2 sensor malfunction and you will need mil eliminators, but from my experience it is only with cheap ones. I've had hi-flow cats (oxy moron) on other vehicles with no issues. I don't have a tuner/data logger, or any way to check a/f. I noticed a difference in power through out the rpm range though after install. A freeer flowing exhaust almost always helps (unless you go too big on piping size). I'd say you should be fine getting it. With cats it will be a little more restrictive than without.

Even with out cats, it took mine about 30 min or so till the check engine light would come on. I know on other vehicles once the computer got the code for o2 sensor malfunction it would mess with the a/f ratio. I have mil eliminators now and didn't really notice a difference in performance or how the car ran (as compared to when I had the prochamber w/o mil eliminators), but I have no way to tell for sure (if I could only convince the wife into getting the Predator Tuner :) ).

·
Registered
276 Posts
NeverDoneGT said:
I have a 2002 Mustang GT 5 spd w/ a Flowmaster 40 Series Catback and i want to make it louder by adding a Mac Prochamber w/ Cats.

1) Will it make my car run too lean or mess up my A/F ratio?

2) Do i have to get Mil Eliminators?

I just dont want to get it and make my car run like crap, so i would appreciate the help

thanks alot
How often do you have smog checks? I don't need the cats until I sell the car. I'm planning on putting the pro chamber w/o cats on mine, and the magna flow or magna pack 2.5" catback.:laughlitt

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Yes, if you completely remove all the cats you will need MIL Eliminators. If you keep a set, you'll be fine. The Prochamber sounds awesome, I think you'll love it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.