1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
That's why I love nitrous. The mach 1 is also a bit lighter.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I would have thought traction would have been more of an issue in the 40-60 range. Nice kill

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
cant underestimate the mach, those things are fast stock running 13.2 in the 1/4.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I saw that on SVTP and I'm still in shock! People keep saying weight but a 2011 GT weighs what ~3600lbs and the Mach weighs ~3450lbs so there is really not a huge weight advantage. Granted that is stock weight. I also saw the hp on the 5.0 was listed as unknown. Does that mean it's never been on a dyno to get tuned? The Mach will obviously run, but I really feel like the 5.0 isn't performing up to par. I mean the Mach just killed it, not even a race. You would have thought the 5.0 was a bolt-on NA car. I would just expect more from a blown 2011.

BTW back in the days my old '02 GT with full bolt-ons and 3.73s ran door to door in a race like this with a Vortec blown LT1 Trans Am. To this day I don't think the Trans Am was running like it should have been. He should have walked me no question about it.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
at 8lbs that gt should be putting down somewhre around 540 to 550whp. the mach 1 sounds like it has 4.10s

oops.. just saw that it does have 4.10s

i had a 2004 mach 1 with a 125 shot and 4.10s with a built rear off road x pipe and dumps. it ran pretty good. i respect those cars.

·
Registered
11 Posts
at 8lbs that gt should be putting down somewhre around 540 to 550whp. the mach 1 sounds like it has 4.10s

oops.. just saw that it does have 4.10s

i had a 2004 mach 1 with a 125 shot and 4.10s with a built rear off road x pipe and dumps. it ran pretty good. i respect those cars.
AT 8lbs. of boost with which blower? Close to equal power they should both accelerate fairly close. The 5.0 got walked. Maybe it's not a blower car, or the guy can't drive. On a closer look, maybe the 5.0 blew a shift.

·
Registered
146 Posts
AT 8lbs. of boost with which blower? Close to equal power they should both accelerate fairly close. The 5.0 got walked. Maybe it's not a blower car, or the guy can't drive. On a closer look, maybe the 5.0 blew a shift.
agreeing with the blown shift.. that 4th to 5th is a biatch lol

nice run though

·
Registered
217 Posts
How do you know what that 5.0 had in it.I think If it did have a Kenne Bell blower? That should have spanked the Mach1

·
Registered
146 Posts
How do you know what that 5.0 had in it.I think If it did have a Kenne Bell blower? That should have spanked the Mach1
- and i tend to think it that you would've been able to hear some sorta whine from the blower, especially a kenne bell (you can hear them at idle)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is blown with a kenne bell!!! Go to the link on the 2 second page he got pics from engine bay!!!! It is his buddys 5.0 !!!!! Dont cry 5.0 owners there are faster cars in the world hehe

·
Registered
11 Posts
It is blown with a kenne bell!!! Go to the link on the 2 second page he got pics from engine bay!!!! It is his buddys 5.0 !!!!! Dont cry 5.0 owners there are faster cars in the world hehe

I don't think anyone is crying because some unknown car got beat in a street race. I don't know anyone for that matter that cries when they lose a race. Are you 16 y.o.?

I agree with the above statements. Never saw a KB race where you couldn't hear the blower.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NAaaa i just turned 9. Well 2c5s you dont have to go in to defense mode! It seems like that a lot 5.0 owners think there have the fastest car! I mean you guys still dont believe he has a blower abd say, i did not hear the kenne bell he must missed a shift an so on!! You cant hear the whine because he rolled up the window and you could only here his badass sounding exhaust!!!! And if you look close you can see the 5.0 shift really hard!!!! So get over it!you are not the fastest around the block!! Same with the c6 corvette it blows the 5.0 out of the water!! ( yes i test drove c6 and he 5.0!!!) love yalllll

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
NAaaa i just turned 9. Well 2c5s you dont have to go in to defense mode! It seems like that a lot 5.0 owners think there have the fastest car! I mean you guys still dont believe he has a blower abd say, i did not hear the kenne bell he must missed a shift an so on!! You cant hear the whine because he rolled up the window and you could only here his badass sounding exhaust!!!! And if you look close you can see the 5.0 shift really hard!!!! So get over it!you are not the fastest around the block!! Same with the c6 corvette it blows the 5.0 out of the water!! ( yes i test drove c6 and he 5.0!!!) love yalllll
do you feel better about your v6 now?!?! lulz! sucks being slower than blown 4-bangers huh? dont cry now brah!:laugh:

·
Registered
11 Posts

I see, pointing out the fact that your rationale and comments are of a juvenile nature puts me in defense mode? Defense of what?

So now you're comparing a C6 to a 5.0 Mustang? I actually think you may be 9 y.o.!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
So a 50k two seat 3200lbs 400+hp car ia faster than a 29k 4 seat 3700lbs 400+hp car. OMG how is that possible!?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Double post

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I see, pointing out the fact that your rationale and comments are of a juvenile nature puts me in defense mode? Defense of what?

So now you're comparing a C6 to a 5.0 Mustang? I actually think you may be 9 y.o.!
i have driven a 2009 C6 and it was quick but my mustang still felt faster. my girlfriend rode in both as well and she also agreed that my car felt faster (could also be the gearing of me having 3.73s; not sure what the C6 had). the C6 can get consistently better times due to the larger rear tires. i don't know, i just wasn't that impressed. it felt good to be back in the 5.0. the C6 is supposed to have way more torque but it didn't seem to really pull until 4k, my car really starts to move at 3k. once again, could be the gearing.

keep in mind that the C6 gets consistently better 0-60 and 1/4 mile times than the GT500 so it is expected to be quicker than the 5.0

is it time for mr-proper's diaper change yet?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'm just jealous that the 4.6s with exhaust sound better, heh. I love the sound of my 5.0 but that Mach sounded badass.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts