Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my mach 460 door speakers because i thought they were blown, but they werent. So why won't they work???? Has anyone had a similar problem??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are you still using the factory radio? If not how was the install done? If it's all factory maybe the amp has gone out? Damon

·
Registered
23 Posts
just curious,,,how did you replace them,,,i want to replace mine also but cant figure out hojw to take to cover off..

·
Registered
30 Posts
There is no cover. You have to remove the door panel. Or are we talking the tweeters?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i have the stock mach 460 sound system that came with the car. The tweeters are fine its the ones in the door pannel that no sound comes out of!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The tweeter on the drivers side door went out on my car. How do you get the cover off to get to it? I've tried pulling on the cover so that I can inspect it but does not seem to want to move.

·
Registered
99 Posts
yeah i have a similar problem but only 1 door speaker isnt working........my drivers side door speaker doesnt work but my passenger side does.........i decided to switch speakers to make sure it was blown....guess what........the one that was working in the passenger door doesnt work in the drivers door...........What the heck could that mean?

·
Registered
1 Posts
possibly a short somewhere i had same problem yesterday all was working fine got home installed three subs and fosgate amp turne it on heard a pop and no sound 2 hrs later after checkin everything swapped head units no pop or sound switched back to alpine head unit got sound for 5 seconds then POP called a buddy he asked what speaker was popping told him he had me disconnect it at radio and got full sound again best thing to do is pull in new wires

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.