Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 00 gt with the mach 460 and aftermarket cdplayer. It has worked for 4 years no with no problem, but it now no longers has any audion coming out of the speakers but the cdplayer is on. What could be the most common problem? I has the factory manuals and it says to check the premium sound amplifier enable circuit but doen not specify where it's at? plmk thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
blown fuse?

G

·
Sounds like your Amps

Front Amp Mach 460 and 1000 = Located in dash console under radio/CD player. This amp powers the front and rear high frequency (Mid/Tweeters 2.5") speakers and sends the low frequency signal via a series fader to the rear amps.

Rear Amps MACH 460 (x2) = Located in the trunk mounted on the sound board. One on each side of the car. The amps provide a mono bass signal to the mid/woofers. These two amps power the front and rear low frequency (Mid/Woofers 5.5"x7.5") speakers. If you own a convertible the amps are located behind the rear seat mounted to the rear wheel hump.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
now i notice that fuse 27 keeps blowing and when i put a new one in it just blows. Ichecked all wiring and there are no short to ground or shorts to power? Do I need a new premuim sound amp or a new cd player? The cd player is still on but no audio from speakers.

·
Registered
701 Posts
If fuse #27 keeps blowing you have already found out the perfect indicator for analyzing the problem:

Hook off one component at the time and install a new fuse.
If it stops blowing you hooked off the faulty component.

Example if you hook of the rear amp, install a new fuse and it does not blow, you know that the rear amp is bad (you can be 99% sure).
If it still blows the fuse, hook the rear amp on again but hook off the cd-deck.
If it does not blow the fuse any more you know that it is the cd-deck (you can be 99% sure).
etc.
etc.
etc.

Check it out

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sounds like your Amps

Front Amp Mach 460 and 1000 = Located in dash console under radio/CD player. This amp powers the front and rear high frequency (Mid/Tweeters 2.5") speakers and sends the low frequency signal via a series fader to the rear amps.

Rear Amps MACH 460 (x2) = Located in the trunk mounted on the sound board. One on each side of the car. The amps provide a mono bass signal to the mid/woofers. These two amps power the front and rear low frequency (Mid/Woofers 5.5"x7.5") speakers. If you own a convertible the amps are located behind the rear seat mounted to the rear wheel hump.

I just bought a '95 conv. i'm fairly sure it has the stock mach 460 system, but there is no sound coming out of the speakers at all! the cd player and the tuner comes on, but there's no sound. Should i assume there's not an easy way to fix this? what should i do first to diagnose this problem? please help anybody!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.