Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im pretty new to the site and was looking for some advice. i just purchased an aftermarket kenwood deck and wiring harness for my 94 gt with the mach 460 system. my question is, after i got it all wired up i wondered why i was getting nothing coming out of the speakers until i realized i had to connect my remote turn on wire coming from the deck to the factory harness so the original amps would turn on. i was planing on hooking up a pair of subs so is my best bet to just splice into the wire with the remote wire going to the amp powering my subs in the trunk or is there another wire i could use in its place.

sorry for the paragraph guys, just trying to be as descriptive as possible:)

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Welcome AFM. I dont know the answer to that problem, sorry. In fact I am about to change my stereo out myself including installing a woofer and amp. I was just going to run a trigger wire to the amp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the welcome and advice guy's. And @msmassey i didnt find it to be as complicated as some made it seem when it came to wiring. it was a pain in the ass tho to pull out the factory deck tho with the way ford designed it with those stupid u clips lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts