Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 v6 coupe, it has the mach 460 system in it but has an alpine head unit. when you turn car on it pops real loud, and it sounds like crap. guys at circuit city said i need to bypass stock amps, not sure where they are and how to go about it. i also have 2 10" bazooka subs and a 300 watt bazooka amp i would like to add. can anyone help me?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I dont have much experience with the 460 unit, just the stock ford HU. By passing the amps, I think the guy at circuit city is smoking something.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I read on another forum that if you put a 1K resisitor on the Amp turn on lead it will help that problem. I haven't done it, and honestly don't know if it works, but I can't see it hurting anything either.

Oh, and Circuit City/Best Buy isn't where I'd go for advice. No offense to anyone that works there and DOES know what they're talking about, but I have talked to too many people there who DON'T know squat. If you want a knowledgeable answer, find an independent stereo installer who's been in business for a long time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.