Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering about hooking up an amplifier for subs to my stock mach460 6-disc head unit.

My question is: Does the mach460 6-disc head unit have RCA outputs - and a remote wire somewhere? If not, how hard would it be to get some sort of adapter to get the RCA's and the remote wire?

I Really don't want to have to get a new head unit and rewire everything just to get my system put in.

Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
i hard wired in an amp n the trunk...all you have to do is splice the data cables..you can get a diagram of which ones are which online somewhere. then you hook up a line converter you can buy for 15 bucks at wal mart..then the line converter has RCA outputs. The remote wire i ran up to the fuse box under the steering colum area. Stick the remote wire into the Radio fuse and stick the fuse back in and your good to go....oh...you'll have to drill a hole or find somewhere in the trunk to hook the ground wire in..i just drilled a hole in the floor and shoved it in.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
7500mj said:
i hard wired in an amp n the trunk...all you have to do is splice the data cables..you can get a diagram of which ones are which online somewhere. then you hook up a line converter you can buy for 15 bucks at wal mart..then the line converter has RCA outputs. The remote wire i ran up to the fuse box under the steering colum area. Stick the remote wire into the Radio fuse and stick the fuse back in and your good to go....oh...you'll have to drill a hole or find somewhere in the trunk to hook the ground wire in..i just drilled a hole in the floor and shoved it in.
I actually found a website online which details how to do this process.

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
7500mj said:
...you'll have to drill a hole or find somewhere in the trunk to hook the ground wire in..i just drilled a hole in the floor and shoved it in.
If anyone is looking for a good ground, there are two nuts holding each side of your trunk onto the car underneath the cartpet covered plastic. I searched for a good 30 minutes, and this was the best one I could find without having to drill anything - and it's covered back up by the plastic molding :thumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.