Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2002 GT with the Mach System. Getting feedback from vendors that I need to put in a whole brand new system to upgrade (I already have an aftermarket deck). All I want is some 6x9's or whatever they are in the back, and a sub. Was there a sub in it when it was new? and what do the amps in the back power???

Thanks again,

Lance

·
Registered
2,096 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
The mach system is good if you leave it alone. Once you try to change any of the components you have to dump the whole system save the tweaters you can still use those. I had to change my deck on my 02 gt because it broke and a factory replacement was $800 so i decided to go aftermarket. After my deck was installed the stock speakers weren't working properly because of the unique signal that the stock amps put out. i ended up changing everything. I suggest that if your just looking for more bass, subs are fairly easy to implement into your stock system using a high low coverter. Also the speaker are 5x7's in the front and back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is my first thread here, so hello!

I just purchased a 2000 gt and also have the mach audio system. I'm not sure what problems you will run into concerning the system.
I just finished putting in my head unit in and had no real problems. I also added my 10s and another amp and it all works great together. The only thing I did differently from any other head unit swap was wiring up the amp remote to the stock wiring (obviously since it is has amps stock). Maybe I was just lucky.
Lance_marshall: Are you trying to change the speakers, the head unit, or just add to the system? The 6X9's, are yours blown? Or do you just wish to upgrade?

GTStang31: I'm not too familar with the mach system, other than my install, what do you mean a unique signal? Did your speakers not work at all? When I looked at the wiring, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Do you mean the remote wire itself sends a different signal? I tapped into that for my other amp, and I can still control the my amp with the head unit. The only issue is that I don't control the gain individually, only the system as a whole.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I added a pair of Alpine DVC 10" subs to my MACH 460 system in my 04 GT. The box was custom and slides in through the inside of the car. It just barely gets under the MACH amp rack. I used a line output converter and tapped into the data link located in front of the factory amp rack. I heard that gave the best signal and was better than just piggybacking on the rear speaker wires. I'm running an MTX MXA4001 amplifier. The cool thing about these amps, and others out there today, is that it has an adjustable gain knob that can be mounted pretty much anywhere you want. That way you can adjust you added bass volume independant of your MACH speakers. I mounted mine in the center console so it's hidden, but close enough to access and adjust easily.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine was supposed to come with one as well, but never did. I thought of getting another one, they usually are pretty universal I think. I don't usually change the gain much so I will just leave it as is. I'm pretty happy with the way it sounds, loud without being too obnoxious. :smoke:

now the question of what should I do with the other open slot...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.