Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, long time lurker first time post. My son has a 97 Cobra we have pulled the engine for blown head gasket and perhaps a valve problem. I need a good machine shop that will treat me right and has the proper plates to work on this block and heads. Anyone have any suggestions. The block looks good, but will at least need honed and if I can I'd like to bore it 20. The heads look good and do not seem to have any warping. So I'd like to have the block checked, honed or bored and the heads going over. We will then be putting forged rods and pistons in it. We are installing long tube headers and three inch exhaust. But we are at a standstill till I find a shop I am comfortable with. Thanks in advance and thanks for all the great reading in the past. I’m in Hesston, Pa, near Raystown lake about 50 miles from Altoona and State College.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
while i cant help you find a shop i'd like to say, why bore it if it doesnt need it? all that does is lower the number of times you or a future owner can rebuild the engine.
let the machine shop decide if it needs to be bored out or just honed.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
honestly I'd just pick up a completely assembled shortblock engine from MMR, it would be alot less hassle, you can then sell the blown engine...check out their website

1 - 3 of 3 Posts