Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am driving home from work today on a toll road (very little traffic) and it's exciting for me because I take a van pool every day to work since I live 42 miles from work and I normally only drive 9 miles a day. Anyhow, on my way home, I see my friend who owns a 2007 C6 vette. He waves and smiles at me as he passes (I'm in cruise control doing 65 in a 70 - yes, I baby my car). Well, I start to speed up to catch up to him at about 75 and we do that for awhile. About 20 minutes later, I notice him start to slow down and I know just what's on his mind. So I get in the left lane and we're side by side doing about 70. At around the same time, we both get on it. I dropped from 6th to 3rd and popped the clutch, and I raced from 3rd to the beginning of 5th, then immediately slow down. He calls me on my cell and we both couldn't believe that I was continuously pulling away. He was pissed, but very spirited. I couldn't believe I beat a C6, and neither could he. He says he couldn't believe he was beat by a Mustang! And I am bone stock other than a K&N. Well, needless to say, bravo zulu to a job well done Ford! I baby my car, but very rarely, I open up the horses and let her rip! With that being said, I get that distinctive smell that is the cats burning the carbon I guess. I complained about it awhile back in a thread but I know what it is now and I seem to smell it every time I let her open up. I now have 3901 miles on her and bought her in January.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Nice! Beginning of 5th for your gears would be around 120 I presume?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I was also suprised when I pulled on a c6 vetter ok top of fight all the way to 150mph and that's why my crappy 3.31 rear end

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Fun story, but going 65 in a 70? That's just silly. I'm having trouble keeping the needle off the 80 mark in a 65! :gringreen

·
Banned
8,740 Posts
2.73s in the C6s do that car a great injustice. Good kill.

With it being a 2007 it would have 2.56 for the A6 or 3.42 for the M6. In 2008 they added an option on the A6 cars for 2.73 gears.

Stock the fasteest Corvette is a 2.73 geared A6 in the 1/4 mile. The 2.73 geared car has a shorter first than a 3.42 manual.

I don't think gears had anything to do with it.

The 2007 is also the LS2. I was watching a guy with a 2007 LS2 Vette run at Holt, Emerald Coast Raceway 1/8 mile track in the Florida panhandle. I was suprised that my car was faster than his. I was running 8.45-8.6 versus his 8.6-8.7. My speed was 85.5 versus his 85 flat.

Great run!!!!

Watch out for the 2008 and up LS3 cars. They are more than a half second faster in the 1/4 mile and the really are strong on the top end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts