Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my anderson power pipe took a couple of hours and when I was done looked reallly good.I drove down the road and totally felt a increase in power,thats the truth.I am also swapping injectors to 42lb because I am going with more mods.

My question is if I get 42lb injectors what size MAF sensor should I get.I am looking at the 76mm and 73mm what do you guys have and what do you think.Thanks

·
Registered
45,992 Posts
You should be able to get a 75mm or a 76mm, those sizes will support up to almost 500 hp, just have them calibrated.

·
Registered
897 Posts
changing injectors now may be premature, do some of your other mods first. 42lb may be too big for your application,keep in mind the 19lb injectors are good for 350 hp. that being said,good luck.

·
Registered
941 Posts
so im still not sure so say i got a cobra metter and i put 24lbers in will the be calibrated since the meter is from it or will that no work cuz the cobra ecu is set for 24s? i have a 93 cobra metter but do not have taken it out for now

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was told by JPC performance shop in MD.That 24lb injectors are hurting me and need to go biggger and also bigger MAF sensor.I want future mods so I will probally make the jump but have them install and tune/calibrate everything.So this way I wont have to worry about anything.

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you are having a tune done to the car anyways and are planning on making some decent power then you might just want to make the step right up to the 90mm lighting MAF sensor. The injector calibration has to be done in the car's computer itself, which is the proper way to do it anyways, and the meters themselves are actually relatively cheap and will work much better than any aftermarket MAF sensor that is calibrated for your injector size. What exactly do you have done to the car already and what are your future plans?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Car is a 93 cobra right now I got,Paxton sn92 6psi,anderson power pipe,shorty headers x pipe and flows off course.Future mods injectors/MAF and proper tune,3/8 intake spacer,heads, cam,.I will try to get all my future mods by the end of the summer.

different blower some day.

Car only got 20k original miles

·
Registered
455 Posts
I would definitely suggest the Lighting meter in your case, they seem to work the best with forced inductions motors. If you put in the larger injectors at the same time as the meter they will have burn you a chip with the new injector parameters and MAF settings and everything before you will even be able to start up the car. Most dyno shops should not have a problem doing that for you free of charge if you need it to get the car running so you can get it to there shop for the actual tune itself.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I am going to gather all my parts and make sure I got the right setup.When I do I will do it all at once MAF/injectors/tune calibration everything.I want to do it right no half as# thats for sure.Heads/cam are a future mods.

Tuning I think I am going with JPC from MD

·
Registered
455 Posts
that's the way to do it, otherwise you end up doing things 2-3 times like I have :frustrated:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.